Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AfricanHijinx
Hey guys need some help. My headlights wont turn on, they pop up nicely but they don't work. I checked the fuses and wires and they look good.

any ideas?
Rotary'14
QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ May 12 2014, 07:45 AM) *

Hey guys need some help. My headlights wont turn on, they pop up nicely but they don't work. I checked the fuses and wires and they look good.

any ideas?

Did you check to see if your headlight bulb is burned out? try flicking on the high beams,,,

-Robert
bandjoey
Clean the brown ground wires too.
AfricanHijinx
I tired the high beams nothing- I will clean the grounds after work
Mike Bellis
Check the first 4 fuses for power with the lights on. 2 should have power on low and the othe 2 on high. If no power at all, feed wire from ignition switch missing power. If the hi/lo switch is triggered the power at the fuses should flip flop. It's possible the hi/low relay is stuck. Even if you hear a click.
AfricanHijinx
what is this bundle of wires behind the passenger seat? I thought I took some pictures of it before I replaced the floor but I guess I didn't. Also could this be the reason that my headlight wont turn on?
bdstone914
QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ May 27 2014, 07:54 AM) *

what is this bundle of wires behind the passenger seat? I thought I took some pictures of it before I replaced the floor but I guess I didn't. Also could this be the reason that my headlight wont turn on?

That should not affect the headlights. It is the seat belt inter lock relay. Looks like the P.O. removed the relay and bypassed it.

As stated before check the fuses, grounds first. Does the hi low relay click when the wiper arm is pulled ? No hi or low beams ?
Drums66
QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ May 12 2014, 10:40 AM) *

I tired the high beams nothing- I will clean the grounds after work

.....Promise!
thumb3d.gif
r_towle
If they go up and down, one part of the main light switch works.
You still have four other circuits ( I think) going through the main light switch.

Pull battery ground...trust me.
While leaving the light switch connected and plugged in, remove it from the dash and pull it down below the dash so you can test it.

Then put the batter cable back in place.....

There are live wires at the switch, and it WILL touch metal and short out trying to install or remove it..

That is a last set of testing...if all the fuses work etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.