Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car related...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
I ran sound for a band out of town tonight, and when I got back in the car, to drive home...

(drunk)

The heater fan started with the fuel pump... I noticed it instantly... my heater fan hasn't ever worked...

As soon as I got to 72 mph... the speedo stopped working.

Oh well! It's stuck at 72, let's hope I don't get pulled over in a 35!

M
soloracer
Not to sound like anyones mother but I certainly hope you weren't stupid enough to be drunk driving. Some of us have had friends killed by drunk drivers and don't take the subject too lightly.
Mark Henry
QUOTE (soloracer @ Jan 15 2005, 02:20 PM)
Not to sound like anyones mother but I certainly hope you weren't stupid enough to be drunk driving. Some of us have had friends killed by drunk drivers and don't take the subject too lightly.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Bleyseng
The heater fan and the fuel pump share the same fuse on the relay board and if the heater fan shorts out it takes out the fuel pump. Why your speedo is stuck and 72 mph is because its cold and froze there.

Geoff
redshift
Well... drunk is relative for me.. since I don't drink..

Point taken, and thanks for making it.. I'd never lube up, and screetch out.

My speedo is sticky, it travels to the right speed, eventually, and if you tap on her, she goes there faster.

The ODO IS WORKING LIKE A CHARM! IPB Image

M
Bleyseng
clean it, its dirty and jamming inside or get a NOS one.

Geoff IPB Image
redshift
So, nitrous makes them work better?

IPB Image

M
SpecialK
I got a spare (speedo) laying around if you want to swap it out to see if that's the problem. Pretty easy to change out.

Kevin
redshift
Thanks for the offer, but I found a way to fix it..

I have a 4th pedal hooked up to an intricate series of levers, that operate utility rods that go to different parts of the car...

Right now, I have a small hammer hooked up to tap the speedo, and another to tap the right headlamp motor.

You should see my forced induction system.... powered by a rabid ferret, running on a treadmill, trying to bite a picture of Andy. IPB Image

Rube G. Oldberg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.