Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new 914 is in the garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Clemson
Just got home from getting my 'new' 1974 914 1.8. Took a little over 3.5 hours. Only problem that the AC didn't start to work until I was back in the mountains. (It was over 90 degrees in Columbia, SC today). The only problem was the heater was cooking my right foot. When I stopped for gas I stuffed some paper towels in the floor vent and fixed the problem. Its 63 degrees outside now - much better. Came back on part of the Blue Ridge Parkway between Linville Falls and Grandfather Mountain. It was GREAT! Can't wait to get to know my new Porsche.
Larmo63
welcome.png
wndsrfr

welcome.png
Wow, air conditioning? Neither of my cars even have heat fer cryin' out loud!! Tell us more & how about some pics!!

KELTY360
Uh, I think you forgot something.....PICTURES...MUST HAVE PICTURES...WITHOUT PICTURES IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Did I mention pictures? slap.gif

Congrats on a maiden voyage. Sounds like a great way to get to know your car. One more thing...oh, never mind.
Clemson
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 12 2014, 09:08 PM) *

welcome.png
Wow, air conditioning? Neither of my cars even have heat fer cryin' out loud!! Tell us more & how about some pics!!

The A/C was the 2-60 version (2 windows down , 60mph+) But oh yes I had heat. I couldn't adjust the dash controls to stop it. console lever closed all levers to the left, cooked right ankle.
era vulgaris
A fellow North Carolinian! Congrats on the purchase! The car must be in pretty good shape to have made that drive. And yes...pics!
abnrdo
welcome.png
914itis
QUOTE(Clemson @ May 12 2014, 08:57 PM) *

Just got home from getting my 'new' 1974 914 1.8. Took a little over 3.5 hours. Only problem that the AC didn't start to work until I was back in the mountains. (It was over 90 degrees in Columbia, SC today). The only problem was the heater was cooking my right foot. When I stopped for gas I stuffed some paper towels in the floor vent and fixed the problem. Its 63 degrees outside now - much better. Came back on part of the Blue Ridge Parkway between Linville Falls and Grandfather Mountain. It was GREAT! Can't wait to get to know my new Porsche.

"Can't wait to get to know my new Porsche." av-943.gif av-943.gif

welcome.png
PanelBilly
Sounds like the valve that opens and closes the heat from the exchangers is stuck open. Was the heat only coming in from the drivers side? That would mean that's the side that's stuck. Simple to fix when you have the car on the jack stands.....

welcome
poorsche914
welcome.png

Bring it to Townsend, TN this fall for Okteenerfest. Also in this thread

driving.gif
hndyhrr
welcome.png
Cairo94507
welcome.png Just the fact that you drove it home is a big plus! Now post some pictures please.
SteveL
Welcome!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
green914
I took my 914 out to NC while visiting my brother, and took a driving.gif on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Awesome drive welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.