Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 914-6 for sale in Germany
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beech4rd
According to the list of VINs, this car was sold from Pennsylvania in 2008 for about $38,000.00. The value has risen somewhat.

http://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/914/1970/228616
stephenaki
Looks pretty clean. The price is not surprising, I lived in Germany for 6 years and when I was looking for a teener their were cars without motors that were selling for 7000 Euros! YIKES!
lsintampa
I hope they get it.

Got to laugh though at the "overspray" ... REALLY??? confused24.gif

QUOTE(beech4rd @ May 13 2014, 09:55 AM) *

According to the list of VINs, this car was sold from Pennsylvania in 2008 for about $38,000.00. The value has risen somewhat.

Cairo94507
Beautiful car in all aspects but that overspray is criminal. Really? Who does that?
mettelman
I didn't know Webers came in orange!
jim_hoyland
VIN is in data base. Notes show it was on eBay in 2008 at $39K. PA
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(beech4rd @ May 13 2014, 06:55 AM) *

"Value" and "price" are NOT the same thing. The price has risen, the value may very well have remained the same.

The Cap'n
JmuRiz
So now we know what happens to the US 914s that get e-bay'd to Germany...they go to a dealer looking for a $$ client.
Nine_14
If you selling your car overseas esp. to germany the one how makes the big money is not you.
I have a look at the market for a long time and many times i am more than surprised
when i found cars which where offered here at the world, in craigslist, ebay or other sources appears on the german market with unbelievable price jumps.

My advive is: Only sell your 914 to real enthusiasts, otherwise after time all the nice 914 are in hands of collectors profiteers.
No space for people only want to drive them and have some fun.

scotty b
My GUESS...please read GUESS, is that the overspray was a very poor attempt at replicating the factory overspray/light painting , which should be no where near that heavy or blotchy. barf.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ May 13 2014, 07:09 PM) *

If you selling your car overseas esp. to germany the one how makes the big money is not you.
I have a look at the market for a long time and many times i am more than surprised
when i found cars which where offered here at the world, in craigslist, ebay or other sources appears on the german market with unbelievable price jumps.

My advive is: Only sell your 914 to real enthusiasts, otherwise after time all the nice 914 are in hands of collectors profiteers.

100% agree! That's exactly the problem. There are a lot of speculants in the market who push the prices higher and higher (BUBBLE).

But a lot of stupid investors are still waiting. You could see it at the fair in Essen (Techno classica) this year once again.

Back to the "2498". Is it really "unrestored" as the Dealer told us ??? An untouched survivor? cheer.gif
Repainted in the early 1990s...and many, many parts rebuilt or replaced (NOS).
Go on and have some looks in the old ebay-ad and/or search for the VIN here or search for the discussion of June 2006.

Unrestored lol-2.gif

Gustl
according to my files, the car got a respray in signal orange in 1995 in Phoenix
it had at least 4 owners, before it came to Europe

when I was in contact with a seller (from Virginia) in 2005, it had a complete interior in TAN

steel wheels with chrome hubs, battery tray replacement, aftermarket center console, tan wooden interior inlays, wooden steering wheel, wrong mirror (later version), short rear valance

AND - for sale @ 18k !!!

unrestored ...
Nine_14
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ May 13 2014, 09:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Nine_14 @ May 13 2014, 07:09 PM) *

100% agree! That's exactly the problem. There are a lot of speculants in the market who push the prices higher and higher (BUBBLE).

But a lot of stupid investors are still waiting. You could see it at the fair in Essen (Techno classica) this year once again.

Back to the "2498". Is it really "unrestored" as the Dealer told us ??? An untouched survivor? cheer.gif
Repainted in the early 1990s...and many, many parts rebuilt or replaced (NOS).
Go on and have some looks in the old ebay-ad and/or search for the VIN here or search for the discussion of June 2006.

Unrestored lol-2.gif

I think, the problem will become as more a problem when TTIP is getting started.
No more taxes open borders anyway..........
DonĀ“t let go all the 914 out of the US

Allways remember: When the 914 where build, cavity sealing was a foreign word.
Fuck for a new paint job, those cars are getting rusted from inside to outside.

A good resto using mike sanders after that (p.e.) is allways prefered instead a
new shiny paintjob.
larryM
there are no salvage non-rusty 914's left in Germany - they use SALT on the roads

- if you live in the US rustbelt you know what that means

(no cavity sealing ??? - 914s of the day had lots of "foam" injected into all the corners and cavities - if you don't believe it, dig into your hood & trunk corners and the cavity above the tailight on the rear fender corner - captures salt & moisture - and it rusts thru from the inside - y'al know the bubbles - (& you sanded 'em off when you repainted didn't you???)

40 yrs ago we were patching 914's in IA/IL that rusted 'pontoons' so bad they bent in half when jacked *( Brad Mayuer had a solution back then - we still buy it, but for different reasons now)

- same with 911's - we patched 'em with bondo and alu tape overlays and sent 'em west where they later claimed to be "west coast cars" never exposed to demon rust & then sold for big-bucks

(yea - i worked as a bodyman at a dealership back then)

if you live in Germany and REALLY WANT a 914 - there are no cheap junkyard rebuilder options - no "$500 and i can fix it myself" deals like we USA guys got used to 20 yrs ago

Germany - you just pay the price to have what you want`

Nine_14
It is right, most of the german 914 are rusted away and you can transport them in a dustpan.

But here they have all the parts new.

http://www.914neuteile.de/cms/front_conten...d=&idcat=56
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.