Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I'm surprised it took this long. dry.gif http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?...p;ocid=ansent11
Mike D.
I was there that morning, drove around the same corner.
"Wife clams he was driving 55". Yeah but in a 25 mph zone around a 90 degree off camber corner, That has a 15mph yellow warning sign. Not the cars fault.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 13 2014, 04:31 PM) *

"Wife clams he was driving 55". Yeah but in a 25 mph zone around a 90 degree off camber corner, That has a 15mph yellow warning sign. Not the cars fault.

Two words. Deep pockets. How much do you think Porsche will pay to make this go away?
MDG
Oh not this story again . . .

Regardless, and maybe I am remembering this wrong but . . . at the time of the accident it was repeatedly reported that the CGT in question had been modified quite a bit, no? Combined with the police findings of excessive speed (I believe the official finding was over 100mph) . . I see Porsche's giant lawyers squashing this one pretty quickly.

It's an angry, grieving widow looking for someone other than her husband to take the blame I think.

I feel for her.

Bob L.
He was driving 55 BEFORE the accident. How fast at the time of the accident. Can she sue his parents for designing a faulty driver?
It's sad but...
r_towle
QUOTE(MDG @ May 13 2014, 07:58 PM) *

Regardless, and maybe I am remembering this wrong but . . .

agree.gif

Of course you are.

Are you even in the right thread?
thelogo
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 13 2014, 04:20 PM) *

Yeh I'm thinkin that a 100k + car is not very likely to be defective

And i know this state ment will not be popular here but

Public roads are not race tracks "

I mean you roll the dice with your life and you will pay the price .

But then again I think anybody with a cgt is a idiot for not buying a
550 jimmy dean replica , if your gonna die in a car the 550 is really the only way
To go .

But I m prejudice to air cooled over ,h20

" good news stumpy I'm horny. We're going to reno. those roads are impassable. You lead ar15.gif ill follow . No you don't understand
I'm not going anywhere. No you don't understand , when a man needs a women
A man needs a women ."

The great Ty Cobb

boxsterfan
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 13 2014, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 13 2014, 04:31 PM) *

Two words. Deep pockets. How much do you think Porsche will pay to make this go away?

I hope Porsche doesn't pay a dime. And that this lady and her scam lawyer have to Porsche's court costs.
Mike Bellis
Porsche needs this to go away. They can't afford to tarnish the brand.
Mikey914
I'm sure this will go away eventually. Really, I feel for the family, but nothing is going to bring him back. This is purely greed. By the way, how did the widow know the speed? Unless they had a black box (which some new cars are coming with), there is no what to truly know.
carr914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 13 2014, 11:08 PM) *

Porsche needs this to go away. They can't afford to tarnish the brand.

Porsche Tarnished the Brand when they made SUV's (Now 2), 4 Door Luxobarges, put Plastic Parts in Motors, the IMS debacle, etc.

New Porsches Suck! I would not even like a used Porsche from the last 15-20 years.

As far as the Lawsuit goes, the Widow & her Lawyers are Maggots - maybe they should sue the Trees & Lightpole that they hit too. Maybe the Brand of Gas that was in the GT that caught fire!

The Carrera GT had 5 previous Owners and that Nut Job was doing 90+ MPH - he made Darwin proud!
MDG
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 13 2014, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(MDG @ May 13 2014, 07:58 PM) *

Regardless, and maybe I am remembering this wrong but . . .

agree.gif

Of course you are.

Are you even in the right thread?

tongue.gif

bootyshake.gif
Johny Blackstain
I hope Porsche decides to counter sue to recover their court costs & legal fees after they win this nonsense, and I hope the lawyers that advised this woman to sue Porsche get disbarred for wasting the courts time.
Moneypit
Can we counter-sue for murdering one of a limited number of CGT's in the world?

And based off what we know about the guy, He'd probably fess up that it was he and his racing driver buddie's fault they crashed, despite that whole not being alive thing. Also as said there were articles mentioning the car was modified and hadn't been driven much or something. Sounds like an open/shut case.
somd914
The American way - Never My Fault! bs.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 14 2014, 03:11 AM) *
By the way, how did the widow know the speed?

She hired an expert, who looked at the evidence at the scene and came to the conclusion that the car was traveling 55 MPH. The same evidence that the police used to conclude that the car was traveling 90 MPH.

...So which expert will the jury believe?

--DD
sbsix
I remember reading that the CGT's tires were 9 years old.
Qarl
If you've seen the photos of the car... that was NOT a 55mph crash. Sorry. No ifs, ands, or buts. Anyone with any common sense can see due to the amount of damage that excessive speed was involved.

Of course, we all know that attorneys don't have common sense.
carr914
QUOTE(Qarl @ May 14 2014, 07:45 PM) *

Especially my Ex-Wife, the Lawyer & Judge! headbang.gif
andys
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 14 2014, 02:51 PM) *

She hired an expert, who looked at the evidence at the scene and came to the conclusion that the car was traveling 55 MPH. The same evidence that the police used to conclude that the car was traveling 90 MPH.

...So which expert will the jury believe?

--DD

So the expert admits he was driving over the posted speed limit of 45MPH.

In reality, the road and accident site, which is nearly at my office's doorstep, suggests nothing other than high rate of speed....but I'm no expert. I believe the police estimated 90MPH in their investigation.

Andys
Elliot Cannon
They will probably say that carbon fiber sustains more damage at slow speeds so he wasn't going faster than 55. If I were her lawyer, that's what I would do. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Qarl @ May 14 2014, 04:45 PM) *

If you've seen the photos of the car... that was NOT a 55mph crash. Sorry. No ifs, ands, or buts. Anyone with any common sense can see due to the amount of damage that excessive speed was involved.

Except for the one that is representing you. poke.gif "Everyone hates lawyers right up to the time they really need one". av-943.gif
carr914
No, I still Hate Lawyers representing Me!
euro911
... and a lot of them become politicians sheeplove.gif

"Authorities have cited unsafe speed as a cause of the crash. But Kristine Rodas' complaint says her husband was driving the Porsche at 55 mph before the accident."

I guess anybody could say that he was driving at 55 ... at some point before the accident - but not necessarily at the exact moment of the accident shades.gif

Maybe he didn't have an adequate life insurance policy, enough to cover his family's lifestyle and his business dealings confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Maybe we can put that lawyer in another CGT and stage a "live fire" reenactment going 55 and see what happens? If he's right, that's OK, and we'll be minus another lawyer. If he's wrong, same thing.

The Cap'n
Ductech
In the motorcycle industry we would usually sum up a story like this with operator error... and I can only guess the wife is missing the money train...

Too bad the worlds greatest car manufacturer has to get all mixed up in it.

And how do you have that much money and not have the latest tires??? I'm poor and I have good skins on my 968 at least.
euro911
Good tires and brakes - the most important items shades.gif
carr914
& Brains!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 16 2014, 04:05 AM) *

& Brains!

And common sense, with a little knowledge about speed, energy, acceleration, inertia and sudden stops. What everyone learns when they first start driving. (Except maybe for the common sense part). confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.