morph
Freezing rain hit us here, now we can't go anywhere. IPB Image

HIEDI
rick 918-S
What's that blue/green color in the distance in that picture? IPB Image
Bleyseng
cow pasture.
Rhodes71/914
I was watching the Portland news this morning and saw that it looked like a mess over there. Looks like a good day to stay home and relax.

Over here in central Oregon we got about an inch of snow overnight then ice pellets this morning. Now it is just raining and turning everthing to slush. Not freezing which i'm sure it will do tonight.

I'm looking foward to the 50 deg temp that they are calling for next week, maybe I can finish my rust repair.

Sean
Porsche Rescue
Went out this morning and shined up my driveway. How's it look?
Going down for the paper at 6:30 was an adventure. Much worse now, 23 degrees. Great day for NFL games!
pete-stevers
just up a little ways north... but when my romaine and green leaf came in to the store today, the top of the boxes had been frozen/ could have happend in transit or from sitting oustide for a few minutes/ minus five here plus wind chill IPB Image
Bleyseng
Hey Jim, good day for a topoff drive to the CAMP914! haha I would even dream of a 914 drive on ice! BTDT which is good for 360 spins.
Geoff IPB Image
boxstr
Hey Jim thats one way to get rid of all of that Armorall. IPB Image
CCLINSHINEYMONKEY
campbellcj
WooHoo! 72 ° and blue skies here today! Nicest day we've had in WEEKS IPB Image
boxstr
Chris why don't you drive over to Corona and play on the dam..... IPB Image IPB Image
CCLINFROZENENTREE
soloracer
It was -42 C here last night. It's warmed up to a balmy -18 this afternoon. It's amazing how -18 can feel so warm after a week of temperatures that were below -40. I remember when winter started that -5 felt damn cold. I guess the body adapts.
Dave Blackburn
Hey soloracer,
I sure don't miss the weather in Calgary! It is wierd to have winter without snow although.
It is +3 here today, I was planning to go for a motorcycle ride today, but it started to rain.
Take care,
Dave Blackburn
IPB Image
SpecialK
QUOTE (soloracer @ Jan 15 2005, 01:14 PM)
It was -42 C here last night. It's warmed up to a balmy -18 this afternoon. It's amazing how -18 can feel so warm after a week of temperatures that were below -40. I remember when winter started that -5 felt damn cold. I guess the body adapts.

Yeah, but that's a dry cold IPB Image IPB Image

If I'm not mistaken (not sure of your latitude), you don't have much daylight up there this time of year either.......I'd have to hibernate until spring IPB Image
morph
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 15 2005, 12:04 PM)
cow pasture.

Top of picture is land being prepped for expansion of a vineyard.
How can anyone function in -42. It was 12 here once, and I had a hard time making it ten feet to my car. I guess a little freezing rain isn't so bad after all.
Dave Blackburn
Last winter when I still lived in Calgary, I went to work and it was -55c with wind chill. That is -67 Fahrenheit. IPB Image

Coldest temperature I have been in. My wifes car would not start even with the block heater on. I think it was down for a week. Nothing wanted to work at that temp, including me!!

Dave
914GT
Beautiful sunny 71 F here in Tucson right now. Been outside cleaning the pool and drinking Pacificos. The kind of day that makes me glad I'm still not back in Illinois...
dinomium
I know that there are colder places, but when it goes from rain to sleet to snow and back to rain, nuttin is WORSE! Damp cold YUCK!
I have to go pick up my wife at the south end of Hood's Canal. Could be dicey!
soloracer
Dave you traitor, come back to calgary. You know you miss it. IPB Image

Currently sunrise is around 8:00 in the morning and sunset is around 6:00 in the evening. On the bright side the days are getting longer as we get closer to spring. The company I work for has operations up in the arctic (Inuvik, NWT) and they are getting very little daylight (if any at all) up there right now. They were actually warmer than us last week.

A few years ago I made a road trip to California. I was stopped by a lady in San Francisco who asked where I got the electric car from. I was driving my Honda Prelude at the time and told her it was gas, not electric. She then asked what the plug in/cord sticking out from the front of the car was for. Trying to explain what a block heater is and why you would need one to someone who has never seen freezing weather proved to be beyond my abilities. I'm sure she thought I was some kind of canadian nut case.
GWN7
My dad used to tell my cousins from down South frost shields were radar detectors. IPB Image

Warming up here...."Extreme wind chill minus 44 this evening" IPB Image
rick 918-S
It's very cold here today. Drove the soft top jeep up to the lake lot and plowed the 10" of snow we got last week. Just about froze on the way back. Slept the rest of the day. Too cold to go outside. Out of propane in the garage. Won't be delivered until next week. IPB Image I hate this crap! IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Well it cooled down here in the late afternoon. After raining all day on top of the inch of snow last night. Now it's crunch, crunch, crunch when I go out behind the garage to get firewood.
Seagrave
Good pic of your driveway JP. Wish I'd thoughta that. I can see your garage doors are down and tight. Nice to be retired, right? If this is still in play Monday AM (doubtful), I'm calling in with a weather related absence. Not a good day for a AWD, let alone a 914, if you gotta come down off the hill.
morph
Was watchin CNN this morning and Portland made news on CNN with its little Ice rain storm.

HIEDI
Sammy
It hit 78 in my backyard a couple hours ago, yesterday this was the hottest place in the continental US (well it was Anaheim, just a few miles away at 80 degrees).
Yes, I did manage to drive the "stuff" out of the P-car and enjoy it IPB Image
sgomes
It was so cold this morning here that I decided to put my slippers on to go get the paper! IPB Image
mrobin
gee....i really feel bad for you guys..
it's 70 here just got back from a ride with the top off (of course).
Bruce Allert
It finally warmed up in Boring yesterday! Left the GDB campus at noon for lunch seeing the few cars here encapsulated in ice. Came back an hour later and all ice was gone IPB Image

Had a skeleton crew of 11 people to take care of the 160+ guide dogs for 2 days in this mess of icy crap. Dogs were sure happy to get out once it warmed IPB Image

Worked for the City of Dickenson ND way back when... fixin water mains in the winter.... Giant hole 8' deep with 2-3' of water in the bottom... we all wanted to be down in it when it was below zero on top of the hole. Water was 50 degrees & felt like a hot tub! Go figure IPB Image

.....b
Howard
IPB Image
Aaron Cox
high of 83 here today IPB Image IPB Image
J P Stein
You PRofCA best quit braggin' or we'll send our NW weather back down.
It's back to normal here.....gray, wet, green.... the cold didn't seem to hurt the moss none.
TJB/914
Just got back from our Petoskey, MI place and boy was it cold. Temp. was -0 to -4 with a 20mph wind for a -18 wind chill. I wish our Canidian friends would keep it North. Looking out the window the ice fisherman were in their shanties. You got to know these guys are crazy. Of course they probably had a little heat (candles), it's just the trip getting from shore to the center of the lake that's unbearable, Burrrrrr!!!

Tom
SpecialK
This is for anyone above freezing... IPB Image

(just jealous I guess)

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.