Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chinese windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seebobgo
I need a new windshield. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with Chinese windshields?
bulitt
Hear they are good. Buying one shortly.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=227989
wndsnd
Good fit and quality. I installed with new trim and clips and it is nice.

Click to view attachment

John
JawjaPorsche
No problem with mine. biggrin.gif
dangrouche
here's my link on my installation. Excellent product, excellent customer service, great price ($195.00 no Tint band, by PayPal, no taxes) It cost me @ $90 installation materials (pinchweld primer, butyl bead, 19 plastic clips, glass tools). So if you can get it installed for $212 by a vendor, grab that deal. I just wanted the adventure of doing the job myself.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=235156
lonewolfe
I have one with the green tint at the top! It's a great windshield. No issues at all and I really like the tint at the top! The cracked original it replaced was clear and I like the new one much better. It was pretty reasonable too. I think it was $212.00 installed and the guy came to my house to install it.
nsyr
significantly lighter.
dangrouche
QUOTE(nsyr @ May 16 2014, 05:22 AM) *

significantly lighter.

I weighed it and it was 20 lbs; I could not weigh the Sekurit one I removed.
rick 918-S
I've installed one. Fit is great no drama with the shape, trim or clip fitment issues.
Downerman
To: Lonewolf. Just shot you a PM. I too need a new front windshield and would love to know who did this for you.

Dave
ruby914
Many have commented on fit, making me wonder if some have found bad fitting glass.
On one of my cars, I am less than impressed on the fit of the glass.
But for all I know, the car could have been rolled and the glass could be the best part?
I just went out to look at the logo. Solex Duplate, PPG. It also had what looked like DOT approval.
I am thinking for $200 this "Chinese glass" is worth giving a shot.
Any thoughts, if what I have in there is " bad fitting glass" confused24.gif
lonewolfe
QUOTE(ruby914 @ May 16 2014, 09:49 AM) *

Many have commented on fit, making me wonder if some have found bad fitting glass.
On one of my cars, I am less than impressed on the fit of the glass.
But for all I know, the car could have been rolled and the glass could be the best part?
I just went out to look at the logo. Solex Duplate, PPG. It also had what looked like DOT approval.
I am thinking for $200 for this "Chinese glass" is worth giving a shot.
Any thoughts, if what I have in there is " bad fitting glass" confused24.gif

I wouldn't think a PPG windshield would be a poor fit. I've never heard of any issues with those but I don't think they.'really made anymore.
campbellcj
My car needs a windshield and several people have told me pretty much all that's available now is the Chinese glass, and that it's not as durable as OE but it's cheap. So if it gets trashed after a while, you just replace again. My worry with that is the $$$$ alloy trim which takes a beating with each R&R.

My original Sigla glass lasted 41 years!
mepstein
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 17 2014, 12:26 AM) *

My car needs a windshield and several people have told me pretty much all that's available now is the Chinese glass, and that it's not as durable as OE but it's cheap. So if it gets trashed after a while, you just replace again. My worry with that is the $$$$ alloy trim which takes a beating with each R&R.

My original Sigla glass lasted 41 years!

My Porsche dealer said Sigla was available for $475
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.