Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a bizzilion lurkers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
i was really bored, and decided to look thru member list.exactly 357 people are members, who have never posted at ALL,

that means, just about half of the "members" have never posted!

just a tidbit of "...useless information, tryin to drive your imagination...hey, hey hey, thats what i say..."
Bleyseng
That's really sad that these people never post! Even just a "Hi" is nice so we can get to know you is really nice.
Please post!
Try to stump us with a question on your car.
Geoff
Joe Bob
Probably AA trols getting ready to spam to the site....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ May 29 2003, 07:30 PM)
Probably AA trols getting ready to spam to the site....

lol....

they are all probes and droids biggrin.gif etc
Gint
Or at least post a pic of their car in the Members 914 Pictures thread.
elmonte
Can members pictures be put up in the important topics
section so it will be visible all the time. This might attract
more pics. Just my 2 cents{that's all i have after buying parts
this week for the 6.}

70 914/6 2.2
Gint
I was thinking that very thing yesterday. Let's see what the admin types think if the idea.
campbellcj
It might be cool to have a more structured "members' gallery" kind of like JD has at Rennlist or the old 911 Gallery started by one of the Pelican members. Any member could toss up pics w/ captions and update them whenever they want. I know that a lot of guys don't have the knowledge/resources to built or host a full blown web site on their own, so this kind of thing could be a real plus to get some of the lurkers to participate.
Jeroen
I think a lot of members are only registered to use the classifieds
That would explain why you don't see 'em posting here...

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Oh, I just "nailed" the owners pics thread...

We were planning to build an members gallerie (like on rennlist), but since we're all bussy like hell with other stuff... well, just don't hold your breath rolleyes.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Mark Henry
I was over at Mike's 914 (local shop) and a guy there asked where I was from, I said Port Hope and he said "Oh your Mark Henry".
I asked how he knew and he told me that he has been lurking around the site for some time but never posts.

I didn't even know I was famous!

Or is that infamous?
tongue.gif

I like the members' gallery idea!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 29 2003, 08:28 PM)
That's really sad that these people never post! Even just a "Hi" is nice so we can get to know you is really nice.

weeeelll, we have their email addresses wink.gif
Lawrence
Time for a BBS Mailing? smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 30 2003, 10:03 AM)
Time for a BBS Mailing? smile.gif

esattamente !
Brad Roberts
I have tried not to spam anyone by using the club database.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 30 2003, 10:26 AM)
I have tried not to spam anyone by using the club database.

very good! but isn't it time for the bi-annual 914club newsletter!?!
May is almost over cool.gif

Andy
Lawrence
A short newsletter wouldn't be considered spam, would it?

-Rusty
J P Stein
Hay, come on.....
I've talked (really, face to face) to a few lukers and asked them why they didn't post.
Basicly, the answers were that they didn't feel that they had anything interesting to say (that's never slowed me down) or they didn't feel comfortable doing so.

I know of a couple that don't have 914s. Mostly guys with ar cooled engines that face the wrong direction. They're keeping an eye on us.....figuring this may be some kinda of plot to upset the natural Pcar order.....it is, of course biggrin.gif

We are free to post random drivel or just read it.
Works for me.
seanery
Don't they read the crap that Geoff and I post?
At least he knows the answers to D-Jet questions...all I know is what an effin' valence bracket is!

This feels like a community as much as a place to discuss 914's to me.
scotty
Lurk. Lurk! ROFLMAF at post of Yahoos jumping 914 to elude cops. Lurk? Lurk!

Basicly, the answers were that they didn't feel that they had anything interesting to say

Lurk! *post pictures* Lurk!

Lurk. Drive 914! Lurk.

Lurk. Drive 914! Start 901 rebuild project. Drive 914! Lurk.

Lurk. Fix kink in fuel line (pump having to work too hard). Adjust valves. Adjust PMO's. Lurk!

Drive 914!!!
seanery
damn, if i did all that stuff I'd never have time to post on this bbs!!
Aaron Cox
lol...see, even the newbies can be funny biggrin.gif
FriarJohn
I have posted a few times, but I spend most of my time over at BonnevilleAmerica.com. Sorry, bikes are my major obsession now. Hell, I even turned off my subscription for the 914 list at Rennlist. Still get the Porschev stuff, though (still have some hope of doing that V8 conversion some day). Most of the Rennlist stuff is noise anyway. And with this format it's easier to pop in every other week or so and get caught up (it's not like I'm going to miss an event announcement in my neighborhood - or even in my state).

For the few of you who know me, here's a tiny update: I'm lining up financing and contractors for bids on my garage. It's finally going to happen. But I'm inheriting a mostly-mint '65 Stang that needs an engine rebuild (this winter) so the 914 will probably wait for that, too.

Rock on, aktion035.gif

John
FriarJohn
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 30 2003, 11:49 AM)
Basicly, the answers were that they didn't feel that they had anything interesting to say (that's never slowed me down) or they didn't feel comfortable doing so.

JP,

Funny thing is I've felt this way on almost every 914 and web design forum/mailing list I've been on (and I've been on a lot). There are lots of people who know way more than I do about the topics at hand. So rather than give incomplete or incorrect information I'd rather let the "experts" handle it.

On the TBA site I contribute all the time. Maybe because I got in on the "ground floor" so I feel more "ownership." I'm also doing things to my bike that few others on the site are doing so I actually have some information to contribute.

John
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(scotty @ May 30 2003, 05:48 PM)
Lurk. Lurk! ROFLMAF at post of Yahoos jumping 914 to elude cops. Lurk? Lurk!

Basicly, the answers were that they didn't feel that they had anything interesting to say

Lurk! *post pictures* Lurk!

Lurk. Drive 914! Lurk.

Lurk. Drive 914! Start 901 rebuild project. Drive 914! Lurk.

Lurk. Fix kink in fuel line (pump having to work too hard). Adjust valves. Adjust PMO's. Lurk!

Drive 914!!!

Scotty.. have you been under yer car with that bottle of Scotch & a cigar again??? biggrin.gif
Whens that car gonna be ready to roll? Do I have to bring a bottle over & help ya? boldblue.gif
bruce
scotty
Ah. I adjusted my valves for the first time with the engine in the car this last weekend. Wayne's book says 3 hours...I took about 8 (taking my time and fixing some odds n ends). Scotch after, never during! Well, unless I've just hurt myself or broken something expensive....

Funny thing though, I did a MUCH better job with that way than I did with the engine out of the car. Before, I had the valves so loose it sounded like a bunch of nuts being shaken in a tin can...I cringed alot and vowed to do it ASAP. Now it's nice an quiet -- not too tight, not too loose, just right. She really purrs now, and is running way better across the entire rev range. Must be all the crawling around under the car rolleyes.gif

Now I've got to adjust the PMO's and figure out what my new fuel pump is complaining about (it's either a kink in the feed line or the filter is already clogged).

driving.gif I drive my baby to work whenever the weather allows...it's great to drive home with the top off (today was perfect. I'll tackle those other jobs this weekend.
Bleyseng
I really enjoy reading newbies personal history stories, very interesting. Keep posting.
Geoff
72Signal914
Shit most of the time we see and compare how much fake crap or worthless shit is being sold on Evil-Bay thanks to some of the members (i forget who). I like the spam...oh....I mean bi-annual newsletter.

To whom it may concern,
Thank you for all the support you have given 914World.com. For those of you that don't know we do have a BBS board and thank you to those who post for the others look below.

finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif
We will be sending out how the rest of members feel...oh...about 350 some odd people

Good Day
Bleyseng
Good to see ya post here John. I have long quit reading the Rennlist BBS as its not on topic at all. Yeah, we chit chat here some but mostly its business. 914's,914's and 914/6's. The humor is pretty good here too, except for that one A**hole Brad who is on everyones case.

I was wondering how the V8 project was going. Hmmm, is it going to take longer than Jim Boehmers neverhappened V8 project?

Geoff
stock93
I dont post a lot. I lurk a decent bit. I'm usually working on something cause I have so many projects. I got my dirtbike done this weekend so thats one less project. 914 in progress, rail buggy, and 3 924s.

John
scotty
I really enjoy reading newbies personal history stories, very interesting. Keep posting.

Well, okay. It all began in a 6,000 watt radio station in Fresno, California... mueba.gif

...sorry! Gotta go drive the 914!
J P Stein
Ayup. SCCA AX this weekend.....with the top off biggrin.gif

It's make or break time for the Hoosiers. I'll run em' Sat. If I can't get em' to work, the Kuhmos go back on for Sunday.
Bleyseng
Yeah, it will be in the 80's in Seattle too! Top off weather as there is no chance of rain.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.