Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dangrouche
FS up for sale is the infamous Type 4 motor teardown and buildup video (Chapter 8) by Jake Raby. I don't think I will be rebuilding my motor anytime soon, therefore these two items are bundled together for $50 shipped by USPS small parcel Priority Mail with tracking. I will pack it well so the metal does not ruin the DVD. (this video is currently on sale from Jake's site for $40 plus $10 shipping). the motor rebuild video is three hours long and great entertainment and very informative. the drill and tap for the galley plug installation kit were purchased from the Type 4 website as well. the drill and tap were only used twice, once on a grenaded case for practice and the second time for the motor that is presently installed. here are the links from my actual installation in 2009:

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...ey+installation

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...ation&st=20

yes, these items are 5 years old, but as you can see in the picture, the tooling is still crisp and sharp. I have one galley plug included in the deal. the DVD disc works perfectly. The galley plugs are steel natural pipe thread (NPT) and I got the plugs at Orchard Supply Hardware. they cost less than a buck each. you can actually get away with using an 8mm allen wrench to screw in the plugs. I recommend the 3/8" drive with 8mm allen. I did not use cutting oil, but did use compressed air and WD-40 as I cut the threads. you will also want bearing grease and foam packing if you are doing this a working installed motor. It is possible to do this installation on your currently running motor, as long as you take your time and have access to compressed air. My motor has been running perfectly for the past 5 years since this installation. You will need a 1/2" drive drill chuck to use this drill bit.

I take Paypal at dangrouche@juno.com and ship within a few days of payment and give you the tracking number the same day I mail it.
Green matchbox added as incentive etc., to get this deal done!!
Ben
db9146
I'll take it.
dangrouche
sold!! to db9146; pending shipping Monday May 19 with USPS information to follow, thanks Dee
Ben
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.