Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay auction reply from the seller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
You asked:
"Good evening. Do you have anymore pics you can send, More of the interior and a little closer, I would like to see the seats and dash and what is behind the seats, also the cracked window. What color is the paint? And do you have any for touch up? What if anything doe's the car need? Thanks Craig"

At this time we do not have any more pictures, if you get closer with your bidding price to what is expected of the car, I would be happy to take any pictures that you would like, but you are a long way from that point right now. Paint is Autum Brown stock 37 color. Do have paint code. As far as the cracked door glass, it is a small split where the door closes on driver door.

The above was a reply I received from a ebay seller in Texas who is selling a 1937 Ford 5 window coupe for a buy it now price of $xxxxxx. I had not even bid on the car and he won't take anymore pics until the bidding gets closer to "the " price. I guess that is one way to get more pics, pay for them. We don't want to do anymore than we have to but we want to sell the car, the seller has 0 sales on ebay, I wish him well.
CCLIN)*(*&%$^(_
SpecialK
With that attitude he'll have "0" sales on Ebay for sure!! IPB Image
tracks914
I don't think he is far off line. If the bids are close to his reserve than he will take the pictures required to sell it. If he is just feeling out the market then he won't waste too much time with lurkers looking for a steal of a deal.
boxstr
He has his price posted in the Buy it Now option. I am willing to pay that. All I asked for were a few pics of specific areas and I can't get them.
This same thing happened on an ebay car, a 36 Ford 5 window coupe. He had four long distance pics of the outside of th ecar. His description read, the interior need toi be completed and that the trunk needed finishing. I asked over and over for pics of the those areas. Couldn't do it.
What is wrong with people selling cars, don't they understand that If I am going to spend $xxxxx on a car long distance that I should be able to see a little more of what I am trying to buy?? HELLO
CCLIN (*)(#$*)@)#@$
rhodyguy
what a hassle. ask him if he will pay for a round trip ticket if you buy it. how did you do on that mustang?

kevin
seanery
people don't get it...pics sell...especially to a guy who is a known buyer/seller...if the guy would have looked at Craig's feedback I'm sure he would see that Craig is buying and selling cars a lot. IPB Image
boxstr
They have pushed the Mustang back a couple of weeks. ????
Sean I have to beleive that people who put there car on ebay think that that is all they have to do. I have made numerous requests to people on cars that I have an interest in purchasing , and they just don't get it. After four or five non replies from the seller you just have to think that what is it that they do not want to show you?? You just move on.
CCLINEBAYBUYER
rhodyguy
some friend of one of the inheritors prob said "i saw one of those on the B-J auction and it went for $40k" IPB Image got a link for the ebay auction? i'd like to follow it.

kevin
boxstr
This for the 37 Ford. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
CLINEBAYBUYER
seanery
I asked for more pics....told him I wasn't afraid of using Buy-It-Now....we'll see how he responds to this one.
rhodyguy
something i don't get. why put a GM engine in a ford? IPB Image . for $23k? i don't know craig. has the frame been boxed? IPB Image better check with boyd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.