Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ljet, 2056, Raby 9550 cam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
If nothing else I've found that this combination is super sensitive to vacuum leaks. Guess what, I discovered another leak somewhere around the throttle body. Carb cleaner sprayed here makes her want to stall. But I can't seem to determine it exactly...

I want to replace the seal, and see if that does it. Otherwise, replace the TB.

If that doesn't work, I'm going back to Djet bootyshake.gif bs.gif
Jake Raby
The engine now has better chamber filling than stock. Its not more particular to a vacuum leak, its just that its producing more vacuum.

The plenum might be cracked, which is common after 4 decades of service.
r_towle
Ljet won't run properly with any vacuum leaks....any at all.

Like jake said, with better vacuum, small leaks will become big leaks now.

Clamp off the large intake hoses into the plenum.
RTV gasket the intake runners to the heads...actually to the gasket, then gasket to head.

76-914
Before Al Garcia passed away he told me that he did something to the adj on the MAF that made a big difference on his 2056. I don't know LJet so I can't elaborate. There, wasn't that helpful?
jmargush
I am running that setup but with the newer cam 9590

I can hear a rushing air sound when it is running, it idles low and misses bad above 2500rpm

I haven't pin pointed the leak if it is a leak yet but those are some areas to check

I Also need to check the mixture
jmargush
Is there a recommended fix for the plenum leaking at the seam?

Some sort of sealant one could pour in there and roll around to fill the seam?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jmargush @ May 18 2014, 03:57 PM) *

Is there a recommended fix for the plenum leaking at the seam?

Some sort of sealant one could pour in there and roll around to fill the seam?

welder.gif

Or replacement...

If you can get it running, spray some carb cleaner at the plenum if the idle changes, it's leaking.
Porschef
It runs well off idle, very happy with the performance. It's the cold start and idle that I'm trying to iron out.

Need to source a new gasket. ?? confused24.gif
Bleyseng
With that cam cold starting isn't its strong point as its too rich. Just warm it up .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.