Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bdstone914-Please pick up the phone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TJB/914
Hi Bruce,

This is an 914-World commercial request for us 914er's in fly over country. You always have NOS and Excellent parts from your secrete Porsche stash. Local West Coast CA guys know you. but we don't. Tell us more about your parts STASH poke.gif

Who are you & where do you get all this good stuff?? drooley.gif

BTW: I've gotten quality parts & prices from you & so have others. first.gif
Please take this as a compliment. forum. popcorn[1].gif pray.gif

Tom, in fly over country.
john914somers
Bruce is awesome! Knowledgable and a nice guy, I've seen his secret stash... Amazing!
shuie
Bruce is a class act. When FAT was building my 2258 he hand delivered several parts to them that were not readily available. Everything I have bought from him has been fairly priced and restored to absolutely perfect like new condition.
bdstone914
Hi Tom, and thanks for the plug. I have a huge stash of 914 parts ranging from treasure to trash. I got a big supply from another member who had gotten in way over his head and sold off the entire lot. It took three 6 x 12 foot trailers to remove all the parts and came with five roller cars. Many of the parts and cars were given to me by people who just wanted them gone.

I started prowling Pic a parts yards for 914's ten years ago. Used to be I could find them regularly. Now I am luck to find two or three a year.

From there I progressed into parting out cars. I used to be able to find a $500 nearly every week. Those seem to be drying up too.

Many of the NOS parts come from Porsche swap meets in Southern California. I must give a lot of credit to my son Wes who sniffs out NOS parts for bargain prices like a blood hound. One of the recent finds was a NOS outside mirror for $50. No, it is not for sale.

We look everywhere for parts. All the Porsche forums, Craigslist, old Porsche repair shops, etc.

The current parts supply is housed in a 1,500 sg ft industrial building filling several pallet racks.

I take pleasure knowing I have helped a lot of people complete high quality restorations restorations and keep daily drivers on the road.

If anyone is in the Riverside CA area they are welcome to stop buy the shop an witness the madness.

914Sixer
Bruce is right about the NOS parts starting to dry up and the days of $500 cars is now a thing of the past even here in Texas. The bad part now is you have to do 10-12 hr turnarounds just to pick up rollers.
cgnj
I guess Hare Killer. What do I win?
pete000
I always ask Bruce first. 99% of the time he has what I am looking for...
Larmo63
Bruce has been helpful on my car from the very start. I probably owe him "consultation fees" because I call him (every day) too much. Very fair on prices and my 914 wouldn't be as complete without his parts. Thanks, Bruce!
BuddyV
Let's end this thread before "Bruce" goes the way of an early 911 : unobtainable........ can't we keep at least one good secret quiet???

(Thanks for the rear 5-stud hubs, Bruce...... haven't gotten around to opening the package, but they have arrived. Cheers for taking good care of me!)

beerchug.gif

ps - Motion on the floor to erase this thread biggrin.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(BuddyV @ May 19 2014, 03:20 AM) *

Let's end this thread before "Bruce" goes the way of an early 911 : unobtainable........ can't we keep at least one good secret quiet???

(Thanks for the rear 5-stud hubs, Bruce...... haven't gotten around to opening the package, but they have arrived. Cheers for taking good care of me!)

beerchug.gif

ps - Motion on the floor to erase this thread biggrin.gif

Motion carried bye1.gif

But, but does Bruce have a running 914 or is it on jack stands??? av-943.gif

Tom
boogie_man
Bruce has been an amazing asset to have during "our" restoration of my 72. Does awesome cad plating and powder coating work on 5 lug conversions. I wouldn't be where I'm at with-out him and he's put up with a lot of my crap too.... drunk.gif

Scott
bdstone914

Tom
[/quote]

It is not on jack stands.

Bruce

Millerwelds
[quote name='bdstone914' date='May 19 2014, 12:07 PM' post='2039378']

Tom
[/quote]

It is not on jack stands.

Bruce
[/quote]

I noticed you did not mention if it was running or not poke.gif

I have a rebuilt pedal cluster from Bruce and everyone stated it is in better then new condition. Great resource to our 914 community!
7TPorsh
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Hi Bruce... bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.