Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: springs\suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
driver66
I still need a set of 140's ,the frontend problems have come down to tierods and the shocks in the front are wore out . if you push in on the top of the tire the play can be felt in the shock,. what type do you recommend for heavy spirited driveing.......oh and were can a person find a dust cap for my 72 4 lug...ive looked everywere
Aaron Cox
dust cap? try your local junkyard. i think they are the same as a vw 411/412. and for a wag...go to your FLAPS
driver66
didnt try 411\412 put normal vws are to small
ChrisFoley
I recommend Bilsteins all around. They feel great under all conditions of street driving. driving.gif
Brad Roberts
You may find that the shock is just loose in the strut. The collars come loose from time to time if you dont tighten them correctly (last install)

I do agree the Bilstein is very good aggressive street shock.

B
Lawrence
Okay.. stupid question.

Are stock /6 shocks the same as the 911 versions, front and rear?

in the market,
Rusty
Brad Roberts
Stock 6 shocks are the same as the 4cyl shock and the early 911 shocks.

B
Lawrence
Fronts are 911 early, I figured.

Rears are 914/4s?

-Rusty
ptravnic
What kind of costs would I be looking at for new Biltsteins all around? And, should I be replacing the tie rod ends at the same time? I've never had to mess w/the suspension til now - its shot. I too am a street driver - potholes abound in my area... -Pete
seanery
from Pelican Parts:
Shock Absorbers

One of the most important elements of your complete suspension package are shock absorbers. Pelican Parts offers several varieties of shock absorbers. All shocks are sold in pairs.

Front Bilsteins 914-4, pair, All P36-0112 $285.00
Rear Bilsteins 914-4, pair, All B-333-051-31 $214.00

Koni shock absorbers are excellent for replacing your stock units. You can adjust the shocks for a stiffer or more comfortable ride. The Konis also have adjustable spring perches.

Front Konis 914-4, pair, All KONI-1077 $332.00
Front Konis Sport 914-4, pair, All, (limited availability) KONI-1077S $385.00
Rear Konis 914-4, pair, All KONI-1050 NLA
Rear Konis Sport 914-4, pair, All, (limited availability) KONI-1050S NLA
seanery
Performance Products:

Bilstein
Front $171.95 each
Rear $135.95 each

Dont forget to ask for your PCA discount usually 10-20%
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.