Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Mechanic Recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
szuccaro
Hi.....the knowledge on this board is amazing and I appreciate all who have helped me over the years. However, I am not much of a mechanic and therefore am reaching out to you guys for recommendations to do the actual work on my car.

At present, I am having throttle pedal/idle/accelerator cable sticking issues - to the point that I am concerned to even drive it. I know of Rich Bontempi's High Performance House in Redwood City, however does anyone else have a recommendation that is closer to San Jose?

Thanks...Steve
messix
this guy is kinda handy with the cars http://www.originalcustoms.com/contact.php
Mike Bellis
Jerry Woods Enterprises in Campbell. I don't know much about them but they work on a lot of 911's and advertise in Panorama.
krk
David Modderman

Modderman Porsche http://www.modderman.com/

He's done 914 work for me, and 911turbo as well.

Jerry Woods shop is also a super shop.

--krk.
JeffBowlsby
CT Automotive in Campbell. McGlincey Ave.
dlkawashima
I'm in San Jose and I use Ken's Sportech in Campbell. Mark Villegas is the owner / mechanic ... a really great guy who has owned several 914s in the past.
Dave_Darling
Ken's Sportech
CT Automotive
Don Wise's current shop (I think he sold CT Automotive and opened another shop)

Modderman was in Mountain View, last I checked
If you're going that far north, some other places to consider are
Heyer ("higher") Performance in Mountain View
RMG in Sunnyvale

I used to take my 914 to Tony Heyer all the time. He's a really good guy, and will not BS you.

We take my wife's SC to RMG. I really like Bob, Dean and Dean. I might take the 914 over there to prep for Parade this year.

McMark also knows his way around 914s (of course!) but Sonoma is a bit far for me.

And of course, Rich over at HPH in Redwood City knows more about 914s than probably any of us. And has at least twenty of every part that can go on a 914...

--DD
Michael N
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 18 2014, 05:27 PM) *

I'm in San Jose and I use Ken's Sportech in Campbell. Mark Villegas is the owner / mechanic ... a really great guy who has owned several 914s in the past.

I have used Kens Sportech the last several times I need work on my car. Both times I was pleasantly surprised that the bills were less than I anticipated and the communication was fantastic. Very close as well...on White Oaks near the Uhaul off Highway 17 at Camden.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.