Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: W/wiper knob, glove box.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
eyesright
I have a windshield wiper switch but need a knob. This is the dash mounted switch for a '70.

I have a glove box door but need a box, side bolts and hold down. This is the wide box for a '70, no side vents on the knee pad.

Can anybody help? Thanks.
bdstone914
I have an early parts car with those parts. I pulled the glove box to see how good it is. I have the wiper knob too. The wiper insert markings are worn off.
Bruce
eyesright
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 19 2014, 06:05 AM) *

I have an early parts car with those parts. I pulled the glove box to see how good it is. I have the wiper knob too. The wiper insert markings are worn off.
Bruce

icon_bump.gif

Still available? I have sent PM's and still need.

Thanks.
914Sixer
New wiper inserts are the same as the 70 Karman Ghia. Just about any place that has Classic VW Bug parts will have it.
eyesright
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 7 2014, 03:27 PM) *

New wiper inserts are the same as the 70 Karman Ghia. Just about any place that has Classic VW Bug parts will have it.

I've been concentrating on getting my dash together and in the back of my mind wondering how I can paint/restore the inserts, or just leave them...I may go for the "good as new" look. Thanks for the info.

mepstein
QUOTE(eyesright @ Jun 8 2014, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 7 2014, 03:27 PM) *

I've been concentrating on getting my dash together and in the back of my mind wondering how I can paint/restore the inserts, or just leave them...I may go for the "good as new" look. Thanks for the info.

assorted pack of fine sandpaper at flaps, buffing wheel on a drill and some compound, testors paint or nail polish and trim the brush very fine.
eyesright

assorted pack of fine sandpaper at flaps, buffing wheel on a drill and some compound, testors paint or nail polish and trim the brush very fine.
[/quote]

Testor's paint...Wooboy, does that bring back memories!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.