Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuild stock 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
I have a 2.0 engine I was told is in good condition, but I have to make sure. If i'm going to open it anyway, what parts would I need to get and what things should I look for? I really don't want to modify this engine. Just make it tighter.

I am building another engine from scratch also, head work, bored and stroked, new cylinder bolts, valve train etc, etc. It's so expensive it's taking too long. I need to drive this car soon. So I want to put the older 2.0 in it ASAP.

Who's been there and what is the best way out? Rings for sure. What else.

Joe IPB Image
Aaron Cox
gasket kit IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
I was in a similar situation this summer, here is a link to a thread I started regarding my 2.0 cleanup. It has some advice that people here have given me along the way. I'm still not done with it but have put it on hold while I do a little engine bay rust repair.

My 2.0L Thread

Sean
Mark Henry
Fire the puppy up and then do a compression test...if it runs fix the pushrod tube and main seal leaks...

Then start collecting all the stuff for your stroker!!
DJsRepS
Do a compression check and replace the tube seals and front and rear crank seals. What will you do with the motor when the other is done?
redshift
So, your plan is to just throw money in every direction, huh?

IPB Image

I'd just drive something else until someone like Jake, or maybe Jake made a motor for me, I used to think just any old fool would do, but I am pretty sure I'd just have Jake build one.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.