Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LA Auto Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mrs. K
Went to the LA auto show today. Thought I'd share a few pictures.

Boxster cut out 1
Mrs. K
Boxster cut out 2
Mrs. K
Boxster cut out 3
Mrs. K
Spyder
Mrs. K
Carerra GT
Mrs. K
My daughter....dreaming of owning the Ferrari IPB Image
Mrs. K
And finally....Scott...did your truck get "preggers" when it met it's mate the other day??? It looks bigger IPB Image
Lisa IPB Image
Mrs. K
OK, just one more...my daughter with the Audi A4 Quatro IPB Image
jd74914
Nice Pictures IPB Image

I really like that boxster cutout. I wish they had cut ot more though so you could see an engine and tranny cross section too IPB Image

Anyways, thats really cool, I wish they had big autoshows like LA or Detroit around here IPB Image
Mrs. K
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jan 15 2005, 06:26 PM)
Nice Pictures IPB Image

I really like that boxster cutout. I wish they had cut ot more though so you could see an engine and tranny cross section too IPB Image

Anyways, thats really cool, I wish they had big autoshows like LA or Detroit around here IPB Image

IPB Image Thanks!
I tried to get better pics of the cut out but it was so crowded!
The show ends I think tomorrow.
And they had NO 914 on display...that is just wrong
on so many levels! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
jd74914
Just saw the last pic, you're daughters into cars? If so thats really cool IPB Image , 'cause most girls are indifferent.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jan 15 2005, 06:31 PM)
Just saw the last pic, you're daughters into cars? If so thats really cool IPB Image , 'cause most girls are indifferent.

IPB Image Yep, she's taking after Mom!
But my 14 year old son is the real expert! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
jd74914
And they had NO 914 on display...that is just wrong

Well, that 550 is sweet. IPB Image I want to build one. (I'll probably get to it when I'm 40, being only 16 now. Too many car projects)

smilie_pokal.gif Yep, she's taking after Mom!
But my 14 year old son is the real expert! lol3.gif

I think they need a 914 to play with IPB Image If no 914 then atleast some other aircooled VW IPB Image

I bought one a year and a half ago and highly recomend 914s or any other aircooled VWs to highschool-aged people. There are too many ricers out there, I think we need to return to the classics IPB Image
neo914-6
Much better than the SJ Auto show. At least you had a boxster and a Carrera GT... IPB Image
Mrs. K
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jan 15 2005, 06:58 PM)

I think they need a 914 to play with IPB Image If no 914 then atleast some other aircooled VW IPB Image

IPB Image Absolutely! I got started on a 1966 VW bug!
SKLINE is looking around for me, and next year my
son will start HS and he is going to take Auto shop!
Yeah! Heck, I should have my daughter take it too (she is 16 like you IPB Image )
So maybe I'll have the money to get something then! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
jimtab
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Jan 15 2005, 06:04 PM)
Speedster

SPYDER not speedster, SPYDER, IT'S WHAT THE SPEEDSTER WISHES IT WERE....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Jan 15 2005, 08:35 PM)
(she is 16 like you IPB Image )

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Mrs. K
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 15 2005, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Jan 15 2005, 06:04 PM)
Speedster

SPYDER not speedster, SPYDER, IT'S WHAT THE SPEEDSTER WISHES IT WERE....

my apologies! I was trying to post fast....so sorry IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
jimtab
No worries, it's just my favorite car ever, so fast and beautiful....
Mrs. K
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 15 2005, 08:31 PM)
No worries, it's just my favorite car ever, so fast and beautiful....

Yes, it is a beautiful car! I really liked the way they had it on display,
the lighting and the pics in the background. Nice job! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
rick 918-S
Nice Day! Great cars!
Seagrave
Great photos. The one with the reflection in the sunglasses is very artsy. Well done and thanks.
Maltese Falcon
Did you notice the piped in surround sound Porsche racing overhead ? It would start out near the entry door of the exhibit-go thru the gears and finish up towards the exit doors .The car actually shuts off the engine, coasts and you can hear the gravel coming off of the tires and bouncing off the exhaust megs IPB Image Good marketing tactic and really unique to the show-- as no other exhibitor has jocked it yet ! Early 911 belongs to a Pelicanite ShortWheelBaseSam (SWB SAM)...nice example !
On the other hand, Ferarri/ Mas/ Lambo gets the Darwin Award for coming to the show and keeping everyone away from their cars IPB Image You needed an "Invite" from your local dealer ( LOL). I'm Enzo'd and Lambo'd to lethargy already from Nov's SEMA show--but the pasta benders need a better L.A. car show plan . Brabus (MBZ) was eager to let us in the ropes and talk 8 and 12 cyls.
914World.com was represented by me and my foshizzlemanizzle Hat (thanks sean !) IPB Image
Marty
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Jan 15 2005, 09:58 PM)
Did you notice the piped in surround sound Porsche racing overhead ? It would start out near the entry door of the exhibit-go thru the gears and finish up towards the exit doors .The car actually shuts off the engine, coasts and you can hear the gravel coming off of the tires and bouncing off the exhaust megs IPB Image Good marketing tactic and really unique to the show-- as no other exhibitor has jocked it yet ! Early 911 belongs to a Pelicanite ShortWheelBaseSam (SWB SAM)...nice example !
On the other hand, Ferarri/ Mas/ Lambo gets the Darwin Award for coming to the show and keeping everyone away from their cars IPB Image You needed an "Invite" from your local dealer ( LOL). I'm Enzo'd and Lambo'd to lethargy already from Nov's SEMA show--but the pasta benders need a better L.A. car show plan . Brabus (MBZ) was eager to let us in the ropes and talk 8 and 12 cyls.
914World.com was represented by me and my foshizzlemanizzle Hat (thanks sean !) IPB Image
Marty

Yes, I did like the sound in their exhibit....way cool!
Here is a pic of the Mercedes/McClearn, Nice car rocking nana.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 15 2005, 07:49 PM)
(she is 16 like you  :wub: )

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image OK, splain yourself A-aron? IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
Andyrew
aarons 19 I think...

thats why he....

ya...
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jan 16 2005, 12:19 AM)
aarons 19 I think...

thats why he....

ya...

IPB Image That's what I thought IPB Image
Ya....

Lisa IPB Image
jd74914
IPB Image IPB Image sorry IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Jan 16 2005, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jan 16 2005, 12:19 AM)
aarons 19 I think...

thats why he....

ya...

IPB Image That's what I thought IPB Image
Ya....

Lisa IPB Image

just messin around lisa IPB Image IPB Image
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 16 2005, 01:18 PM)

just messin around lisa IPB Image IPB Image

I know....Pinto man!
No worries! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
Gint
Nice pics! Thanks for posting them.
dlo914
IPB Image i touched the GT today while at the LA Auto Show IPB Image .....here's a crappy picture of the GT taken with my phone-cam:
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Gint @ Jan 16 2005, 05:58 PM)
Nice pics! Thanks for posting them.

Thanks, and my pleasure!
Just wish they would have had a teener there! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
Mrs. K
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Jan 16 2005, 07:59 PM)
IPB Image i touched the GT today while at the LA Auto Show IPB Image .....here's a crappy picture of the GT taken with my phone-cam:

IPB Image I know, wasn't it a nice exhibit?

Lisa IPB Image
dlo914
VERY nice exhibit and cool how P had their own hall....
dlo914
here are a few pics my buddy took: P-cars
dlo914
two
dlo914
three
dlo914
four
dlo914
five
dlo914
six
Mrs. K
IPB Image Nice pics Daniel!

Lisa IPB Image
dlo914
actually nice pics by my buddy Juan (Jpalacios) IPB Image IPB Image
jd74914
Thanks for the extra pictures IPB Image
scotty b
So how many pairs of hand snips do you suppose they go through on one of those cut out cars????? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
jfort
I was at the Detroit show yesterday wearing my 914world.com hat. Looks like Porsche had the same display as in LA.
Sammy
See? that's what happens when you try and do an auto show in LA.
All them So Cal sawz-all happy P-car hackers cut up a perfectly good boxster. Prolly was rust free too. I guess we just can't have anything nice IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
scruz914
Yeah! Heck, I should have my daughter take it too (she is 16 like you  :wub: )

Lisa  :driving-girl:

What is it about mothers always scoping the guy scene out for thier daughters? My wife does the same thing.

You should encourage your daughter to take autoshop. And give her and your son lots of latitude with working on cars in the garage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.