Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber Help ! Plastic parts needed ! Who else needs these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
I am not able to located a couple plastic bits for my projects.

First does any one know if these parts are still available?

Second, If NLA can 914 Rubber step in and make them... chowtime.gif

First up is the rubber deck hinge stoppers for the engine cover. Mine and all that I have found are cracked and all busted up. (see photos) hissyfit.gif

With out them the lid hits the targa bar at fully open. hissyfit.gif

Next up is these little caps found on the interior and under the rear targa bar. I have found a few different styles of basically the same cap. Some have no grain, and there seems to be two different sizes. The one for under the targa bar need to be the smaller size. (See photos) Both my projects have these caps missing. hissyfit.gif

Seems these pesky caps seem to fall off the interior easily and it would be nice to have a bunch of spares ! chowtime.gif

Thanks !
JeffBowlsby
my goof...
pete000
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 19 2014, 11:12 AM) *

Part 13 does not look like your photo...that part should be readily available even new.

The part in your photo may be for the front trunk bottom front holes

It is the part, I have four engine covers and it is the same part on all four. Its a rubber stopper. Take a look in your engine compartment and you will see it. I tried one dealer, but they are not the best around.
Krieger
I have always found nice ones on the outside of the car under the spare tire/front trunk. They are the same and if your lucky there are two.
saigon71
No help on the rubber stoppers.

For the plastic caps - take a trip to Lowes. I found some there that fit the openings in the targa pad perfectly and look great too!
bulitt
The number comes up with this vendor-

http://www.aasesales.com/products/h4d-101464
dlkawashima
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 19 2014, 11:10 AM) *

Next up is these little caps found on the interior and under the rear targa bar. I have found a few different styles of basically the same cap. Some have no grain, and there seems to be two different sizes. The one for under the targa bar need to be the smaller size. (See photos) Both my projects have these caps missing. hissyfit.gif

Seems these pesky caps seem to fall off the interior easily and it would be nice to have a bunch of spares ! chowtime.gif

Thanks !

If you google 7/16" Diameter Head, 7/25" Diameter Hole you should see a link for Amazon and a couple of other places that sell a plug that closely matches the original's head shape (which is the thing that really matters). Only problem is they sell them in packages of 100.
pete000
Thanks for all the leads !!
pete000
QUOTE(bulitt @ May 19 2014, 01:12 PM) *

The number comes up with this vendor-

http://www.aasesales.com/products/h4d-101464

This is the superseded part, not the same, but with a sharp knife it might be able to be whillteld down to work. I have a bunch of these later style. Was hoping for something closer to the OEM 914 part which seems to be NLA.
Cap'n Krusty
I have a pair of those in hand, and they don't even remotely resemble what you want. They actually screw in for height adjustment, and are used on the front and rear hoods of 911s. Note the helical groove.

The Cap'n
914Sixer
Most on line VW parts places have the rubber adjust stops for under $2 new.
Steve
At the last car show / swap meet Sierra Madre was giving away those stops for free. I think I grabbed two. They advertise on this board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.