Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1972 914 2.0 Signal Orange
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
biosurfer1
1972 914-4 Signal Orange 2.0 with Weber 40IDF carbs. I am the third owner, the car has always been in California, sold originally at Niello Porsche in Sacramento. First owner sold it in 1975 to his friend Ernie, the 2nd owner, who stored the car in a hanger at the airport with his 5 other Porsches and drove it now and again. I bought it in 2006.

The car was originally a 1.7 that eventually died so I bought a 2.0 and had the heads redone, put the carbs on and have been running it for the past 5 years. I have all the receipts for the items I have done over the years and a couple from the 2nd owner.

2.0 engine with rebuilt heads, rebuilt Weber IDF carbs
Side shift transmission, fully rebuilt by Dr. Evil
Rennshift shifter along with all new shifting bushings, the car shifts great!
Fully polished 2.0 Fuch rims (done by Al Weidman) with Yokohama tires, 80% tread left
Koni Yellow Sport adjustable shocks, Weltmeister progressive 180 springs
Front sway bar installed
Triad headers and muffler
Stainless steel gas lines by Racer Chris
Momo Prototipo steering wheel with correct hub and horn button
All electrics in good working order
All rust issues fixed by Original Customs including hell hole, new battery support

Issues to be addressed:
I did not get the push rod tubes to seat correctly so they leak a small amount, less than a drip after driving
Paint is decent but needs a wet sand, looks like the previous owner touched up some areas. No accidents or repairs though, clean title in hand.
The windshield trim came off, I have replacement rubber trim that will be included with car

I just got back from a 400 mile trip for the West Coast Ramble and the car ran great, even at altitude. There are small issues to work on as with any 40 year old car, but I think I have fixed all major concerns and the car can be driven and enjoyed as is. All spare parts I have (mostly from previous owner) will be included.

$8000

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

biosurfer1
Couple more pictures:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
daytona
Very nice car. My favorite color for a 914. Have any pics of the interior and front trunk?
Thanks.
Bill.

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 19 2014, 04:40 PM) *

biosurfer1
QUOTE(daytona @ May 19 2014, 02:44 PM) *

Very nice car. My favorite color for a 914. Have any pics of the interior and front trunk?
Thanks.
Bill.

Ya that might be helpful...guess they got left out of the post. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
orthobiz
Good luck with your sale. Lots of nice pics from all the right angles!!

Paul
Mblizzard
Love that car and color! Send you a blue one for an even swap? Not really? Wife said no!
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 19 2014, 03:25 PM) *

Love that car and color! Send you a blue one for an even swap? Not really? Wife said no!

I like blue too, but unfortunately got a baby coming in August and I suppose you really only need 1 Porsche, so I have my 968 for sale too. I'll keep whichever doesn't sell first:)
Mblizzard
That is an amazing car. At a truly great price. I wish I had $8k I would send it to you express mail!
Das
Hello, interested in your car and orgs eg is what I've been looking for! Can you PM me? Live in Pleasanton if we can meet in the middle somewhere

Thanks
daytona
I love this car. Too bad that I am in Florida. It would cost about $1K just to ship it to Daytona. How could I finagle I way to do this deal?
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Das @ May 23 2014, 09:42 AM) *

Hello, interested in your car and orgs eg is what I've been looking for! Can you PM me? Live in Pleasanton if we can meet in the middle somewhere

Thanks

PM Sent

QUOTE(daytona @ May 23 2014, 12:35 PM) *

I love this car. Too bad that I am in Florida. It would cost about $1K just to ship it to Daytona. How could I finagle I way to do this deal?

Fly out and drive it back?
daytona
Bret,
Sent you a PM.
Bill.

[quote name='daytona' post='2040939' date='May 23 2014, 12:35 PM']
[/quote]

Fly out and drive it back?
[/quote]
green914
Looks like you might sell the 914 first sad.gif It's a nice car and reasonably priced. Congratulations on the baby!!!
biosurfer1
Sale pending
Cuda911
I'm interested. If the sale falls through, please let me know. Thanks!
biosurfer1
Sold
tomrev
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 31 2014, 01:32 PM) *

Sold

Very solid, nice looking car!
green914
Nice car, that's why it sold so fast. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Meyner
I see your ad is still on here. Is the car for sale. I have seen posts saying it is sold. I have cash and I am interested if you still have the beautiful car.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 31 2014, 02:32 PM) *

Sold

confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.