marks914
Hr are some pics....
Mark
marks914
pic...
marks914
pic...
jim912928
Excellent! That looks great! I put Boxster 7X16's all around on mine...turns out the offsets were perfect for me and required no spacers.
ein 6er
WOW!!!

mark >that< looks awesome!! did you have to roll the fenders, spacers?

doug
Aaron Cox
jim, how much did you pay for yours?

they 2 sets of fronts?
xitspd
Very Nice! What size tires? Any modifications needed?
rhodyguy
real sharp. the color match everything looks so good on a 914. the wheels really set off the green.

kevin
jim912928
Aaron, mine are two sets of rears and paid $200 bucks for all 4 including the center caps. Good thing is you can get the 16's really cheap as most boxster owners are upgrading to 17's. Here is a pic of mine with Boxster rims snapped at the Fall Foilage Classic.
neo914-6
Mark,
Sweet! IPB Image Where did you get the "clear" tail lenses?
McMark
PLEASE tell me that car is going to be at the WCC! I'm impressed. I really like the gray section between the tail light lenses. Nicely done.

17s make the car sit up really high. IPB Image But they look great regardless IPB Image
lapuwali
QUOTE (McMark @ Jan 15 2005, 07:31 PM)
PLEASE tell me that car is going to be at the WCC! I'm impressed. I really like the gray section between the tail light lenses. Nicely done.

17s make the car sit up really high. IPB Image But they look great regardless IPB Image

Gee, I have grey between the taillight lenses. It's primer, but hey...
markb
Nice car! Can you show a pic of what you did on the rear panel? Looks very different.
redshift
Dood, again, what a nice looking car... both of you..

M
SirAndy
i have to say, i like the deep offset wheels better on a 914 ...

but that's just me.
IPB Image Andy
marks914
Thanks all
The wheels are 17x7 boxter s alloys. I am running 205 50 17 ruber. Three of the wheels have 24mm spacers and one (left rear) has a 20mm spacer. Slight roll of the fender lip on the left rear. The car is definately not the same side to side. There are some detail shots of the filler panel and 914 v8 graphic on my webshots page. (link below) The clear lenses are from Clauss Studios.
marks914
QUOTE (McMark @ Jan 15 2005, 07:31 PM)

Actually the 17s are .8% taller than 195 65 15s, or 1.3mm taller. Not enough to notice. The car is in Detroit, so it will probably not be at the WCC.
Mark
rick 918-S
Looks good! Crank down the torsion bars and lower the front a little.

McMark, Look at the cut lines where the bumpers meet the body. IPB Image I've seen this car. You'd really like the interior too. IPB Image

Post some pic! IPB Image
red914
dude, your car RAWKS!
neo914-6
The clear lenses are from Clauss Studios

I thought he stopped making them. Did you get them long ago? Overall, very nice details! IPB Image
Look at the cut lines where the bumpers meet the body.

Not sure what you're refering to, are they cut closer with less gap or?
Maltese Falcon
Mark, wheels/tires look tightttt -like-a- tigerrrrrr IPB Image We will be trying to fit some 18" 911 turbo wheels on a '70 9146 this year.
neo914-6
We will be trying to fit some 18"
Martin,
Done it, see my avatar. 18"x11" Techno hollow spoke. 71mm spacers cuz I got 996 instead of Boxster offset... IPB Image Fronts are 8"
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jan 15 2005, 08:56 PM)

I thought he stopped making them. Did you get them long ago? Overall, very nice details! IPB Image

No stepped edge where the bumper meets the fender. Lots of little things were changed on the car.
Maltese Falcon
Felix, that's what I'll be fitting on the '70 yellow six in a few months. The car needs to be on the rotisserie a bit more (light reconditioning) and haven't decided on a 2.0 or 3.2 six as of yet. Are you going to Long Beach (former Dunkle's) this Feb ?? IPB Image
Marty
neo914-6
Are you going to Long Beach (former Dunkle's) this Feb ??  

I would like to but not with Neo, it's also a tub which will still be at John's in Seattle.  I too am deciding on it's powerplant.  I was working on the wingless side glass tonight while listening to the Falcons dominate, oh sorry if you're a Rams fan.  I follow "ex-49er" personel, like Mora.  If I can go I'll let you know so we can have a IPB Image and talk more "grapevine".  Harry Bradley is retiring, I sent him a note which Art Center is collecting from all his ex-students.  He's leaving without any fanfare.
No stepped edge where the bumper meets the fender.

Dam designers, always trying to change sumthin IPB Image
marks914
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jan 15 2005, 08:56 PM)

The cuts do not have the same "jog" in them as the original which was to clear the impact rubber, and the radius is larger and cleaner.
Mark
marks914
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jan 15 2005, 09:28 PM)
Are you going to Long Beach (former Dunkle's) this Feb ??  

I would like to but not with Neo, it's also a tub which will still be at John's in Seattle.  I too am deciding on it's powerplant.  I was working on the wingless side glass tonight while listening to the Falcons dominate, oh sorry if you're a Rams fan.  I follow "ex-49er" personel, like Mora.  If I can go I'll let you know so we can have a IPB Image and talk more "grapevine".  Harry Bradley is retiring, I sent him a note which Art Center is collecting from all his ex-students.  He's leaving without any fanfare.
No stepped edge where the bumper meets the fender.

Dam designers, always trying to change sumthin IPB Image

Yeah, we do always have to make changes, espescially at the last minute, for some reason, just cant help it.
Mark
CptTripps
Which fenders are those? I like the 'one-color' look.
marks914
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jan 15 2005, 10:15 PM)

They are stock fenders...
scotty b
NICE car Mark, what is that tail, it looks kind of familiar. You are giving me second thoughts about the set of C2 turbo wheels I am putting on my 944!! IPB Image
CptTripps
QUOTE (marks914 @ Jan 16 2005, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jan 15 2005, 10:15 PM)

They are stock fenders...

Sorry...meant to type BUMPERS.
marks914
They are some 916 bumpers that I reworked. I added more plan view to the front and a more puffy section to the side view. Then I enlarged the radiator opening and added the "chin" below the opening. Straightened the cutlines and added the aluminum grille bars. On the rear I fit the bumper, fixed the cuts and cut out the exhaust openings and added some light catchers above them for a finishing touch. I bought both bumpers for $80 as a package.
The rear wing is from some guy who had it for sale on PP board. I added it to even out the side view of the car. The 916 front bumper adds some visiual length to the front and I wanted to even it out.

I wanted to go with c2 wheels for a long time until I saw theese Boxter alloys.
Thanks all
Mark
neo914-6
The rear wing is from some guy who had it for sale on PP board

I have the same one I bought from AA. Again, nice work on the details Mark IPB Image
Demick
QUOTE (marks914 @ Jan 15 2005, 06:48 PM)
pic...

That is perhaps the only rear spoiler on a 914 that I have actually liked. I have seen similar ones to that, but not one quite exactly like that. Tell us about it.

Demick
winterkornj
I saw Jims Boxter rims at this years FFC they look great. They looked just like they were made for the 914.
marks914
QUOTE (Demick @ Jan 16 2005, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (marks914 @ Jan 15 2005, 06:48 PM)
pic...

That is perhaps the only rear spoiler on a 914 that I have actually liked. I have seen similar ones to that, but not one quite exactly like that. Tell us about it.

Demick

I do not know much about the rear wing except that it was on someone else's vehicle since the 70s. I tink it is just the right size without being obnoxious.
Thanks all
Mark
PS I have updated my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/marksurel
scooter311
Hey Mark, you made some reeeeeal nice touches to that car. I love it!

I am greatly inspired to do wondrous things to mine now, but seeings' how I'm a doofus, I'll just leave the cover on it and go take a nap.
Steve Thacker
IPB Image IPB Image Mark. I flipp'in love it !!!! Sexy car, real sexy car. The color and the mods are top notch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.