Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914-6 grouping @ San Marino june 8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
twash
Porsche 914-6's to have their own grouping and class @ on June 8 at the San Marino Car Motor Classic, Show is put on by Southern California Region of the Classic Car Club of America, Grand Classic. About 250 car are expected at show. Show is part of the Pebble Beach show circuit run up
KELTY360
Classic Car Club of America (CCCA) is the wine and cheese crowd on steroids. Nostril inspections done hourly.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(twash @ May 20 2014, 07:39 AM) *

Porsche 914-6's to have their own grouping and class @ on June 8 at the San Marino Car Motor Classic, Show is put on by Southern California Region of the Classic Car Club of America, Grand Classic. About 250 car are expected at show. Show is part of the Pebble Beach show circuit run up

Bring the orange six and the yellow M471, if you need an extra driver, let me know !
driving.gif
Marty
Socalandy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 20 2014, 07:57 AM) *

Classic Car Club of America (CCCA) is the wine and cheese crowd on steroids. Nostril inspections done hourly.

I like cheese chowtime.gif What did I get myself into? Hope a coat and tie isn't required cause the car and I wont get in lol-2.gif
oldschool
Click to view attachment
Socalandy
Congrats to Tony for first in class and Brian in 2nd!!!

Had a great time with seven 914-6's in the lineup
Socalandy
I got the thumbs up from Magnus. After talking for awhile he told me a 914-6 is next on his list. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

As he say's.... Porsche Passion
Socalandy
More...
Socalandy
Some none P cars
Maltese Falcon
Andy, thanks for posting the 9146 event photos. Your awesome gt is over the top. ..just goes to show you "Just what are these judges looking for"? I think they could have judged a stock class , a hot rod class and a gt class...maybe next year.
Congrats Tony (orange +hubcaps) on the class win...your car carries an interesting pedigree aktion035.gif
Interesting that Magnus is diversifying into the 914. He is big into the early 911 + 930, and a 924 turbo idea.gif was spotted in his workshop lineup.
Marty
TJB/914
Way to go 914-6's first.gif Beautiful cars. wub.gif
When 914's show up at high end Concours d"Elegnace shows you add value to our cars. popcorn[1].gif Deep pocket collectors admire air cooled Porsche's then want one for their collection. They are just finding out what us low level collectors already know stirthepot.gif laugh.gif

Get one while you can, because 914's are growing in demand. Especially 6's happy11.gif & 4's for the budget collectors. w00t.gif Also, buy any NOS parts for that restoration, because good stuff is drying up.

Tom
Cairo94507
Excellent pictures. Thanks for participating and capturing the images. Really nice to see all of those together. smilie_pokal.gif
Socalandy
some more pics biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Fuch inspired wheel wub.gif and some other cars
Socalandy
shades.gif
76-914
So, they had a 914-6 event? I think I should "bomb" that event next year. A six is a six, even if it is a Suby new_shocked.gif . If I strap a Big Ben Alarm clock to my wrist it might pass as a Rolex gayfight.gif I like one of the black 914's. The other one with the ducktail looks like a cat in heat. blink.gif Your car was perfect and the imbeciles didn't notice! Were you surprised? I believe we know who should have got that award. thumb3d.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 9 2014, 10:38 AM) *

So, they had a 914-6 event? I think I should "bomb" that event next year. A six is a six, even if it is a Suby new_shocked.gif . If I strap a Big Ben Alarm clock to my wrist it might pass as a Rolex gayfight.gif I like one of the black 914's. The other one with the ducktail looks like a cat in heat. blink.gif Your car was perfect and the imbeciles didn't notice! Were you surprised? I believe we know who should have got that award. thumb3d.gif

My guess: Andy does not eat the right kind of cheese, wears a cheap watch & drinks 2-buck$ wine. rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif x
Hey, the winning 6 looked real good too.

Tom
Socalandy
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jun 9 2014, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 9 2014, 10:38 AM) *

My guess: Andy does not eat the right kind of cheese, wears a cheap watch & drinks 2-buck$ wine. rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif x
Hey, the winning 6 looked real good too.

Tom

Tony's #11 car is amazing and very unique being a factory test vehicle. My car is not stock in a lot of ways the #1 and #2 car were and I think that's what they were looking for. I wasn't even planning to have it judged with that and a few items i didn't complete most obvious being the drivers door map pocket but was convinced to just let them comb over it. I'm honored to have received 3rd at an event of this level !!!

As for cheese and wine, I was finishing the carpet Sat. night around 8pm and my wife made me a grilled cheese sandwich with shelf aged Velveta Mmmmmm chowtime.gif but I'm not a wine drinker!!! it was a Very friendly crowd along with great complements about our cars biggrin.gif
rgalla9146
Andy
Always take the high road.
The view is far better.
Each of the cars is beautiful in for what it is. (except for that rear wing !)
Yours is the way I would do it.
gereed75

Andy What size wheels are on Tony's car?? Look like 6 x 16's

Your car looks great as usual
Socalandy
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jun 9 2014, 09:12 PM) *

Andy What size wheels are on Tony's car?? Look like 6 x 16's

Your car looks great as usual

Tony's car has steelies with hub caps so 14" or 15" X 5 1/2 would be my guess
Dave_Darling
The only 14s they did were the 14" Fuchs. The steelies were 15s. On a Six, they'd all be 15x5.5; the early Fours could be had with either 15x4.5 or 15x5.5 . Fairly few were sold with the 4.5s, as the wider wheels made more $$ for the dealer--they were optional, but most were ordered with that option.

--DD
TJB/914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 10 2014, 02:48 PM) *

The only 14s they did were the 14" Fuchs. The steelies were 15s. On a Six, they'd all be 15x5.5; the early Fours could be had with either 15x4.5 or 15x5.5 . Fairly few were sold with the 4.5s, as the wider wheels made more $$ for the dealer--they were optional, but most were ordered with that option.

--DD

Also,
6er wheels have (10) donut holes and 4-cyl have (8) holes. Do the count. idea.gif
Tom
gereed75
Thanks for the response but I meant the yellow narrow body car with Fuchs

After much consideration I think this will be the more updated look I will go to on my new to me six. Thanks again
Socalandy
Looks like 16X7's to me

Here's a link to pictures of the winning -6's Again Conrats to Tony and Brian

http://ArcegaPhotography.zenfolio.com/p1014158486/e3680e398
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.