Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PayPal Fraud?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I recieved a very official looking letter today from "Paypal" stating,
Fake PayPal?IPB Image

I went online with it and found it wasn't a secure site and they wanted all of my personal information including credit card numbers. I didn't fill it in but I did send a copy to PayPal customer service.
The downside was I logged in to see if it would go into a secure mode but it didn't. I have since changed my password.
rick 918-S
Ya, I think I got one of those a week ago or so. Funny thing is I don't have a pay pal account associated with my email...dorks!
SirAndy
QUOTE (tracks914 @ Jan 15 2005, 08:51 PM)
I recieved a very official looking letter today from "Paypal"

unfortunately, every 8 year old knows how to send an email that looks like it came from bill gates (or paypal, or ebay, or ...) ....

that stuff always goes straight to my trashcan ...
IPB Image Andy
xsboost90
my gf got one of these the other day, saying someone spent 300 on a video game and you should log on and verify your info...needless to say it was sent to paypal and trashed.
morph
We get lots of those with ebay and paypal letter heads. You can forward them to spoof@ebay.com. And I believe paypal is the spoof@paypal.com. Then delete them.

HIEDI
scrz914
I used Pay Pal once about 5 months ago. I recently tried to retrieve my password (probably have 6 different logins at work alone) and none of my "secret" answers were successful. Even putting in my credit card number didn't work. They then locked me out and wanted me to fax a photo ID and a copy of my bank statement. Now this might be standard procedure but I balked at sending more information. Just didn't seem necesarry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.