Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey the Sepia 914 is FS...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Craig has seen it over on the PP site:

http://home.comcast.net/~aceporschepilot/
rick 918-S
Don't get me wrong. I'm not picking on the car. But is that the original color? The trunk looks red around the edge of the carpet. I like the color. Nice look.
vortrex
I think the trunk floor is primered.
Seagrave
Glad to see that kind of pricing. Front trunk is missing carpeting too. Front trunk and headlight panel fit is a little off. Interior has non stock dash, steering wheel, and other bits. Rear trunk with after market hydraulic arms. FI is gone. What's under the sheepskins. If this is a good price it just means straighter cars are worth even more. Cool.
sixnotfour
There was one that color in Seatle, They ended up painting Black to sell it.
Unique, to say the least.
IronHillRestorations
I'd be interested to see the car in person. It'll be interesting to see what the car brings, if we'll ever know.

It seems as though the seller wants to show off the new paint job, and not the typical problem areas. How many "vanity" shots do you need to see?

From looking at the pics, I'd have problems with:

Textured splatter paint in the front trunk. Without seeing the car, that makes me suspicious of accident history. Why else would you do it? IPB Image

If that is primer in the rear trunk, why?

I'm guessing there are battery tray problems. With all the pics there isn't one of the battery tray.

Yellow and blue engine paint takes off at least $500 for me IPB Image

Must have problems with the engine lid (hinge brackets maybe), why does it have a gas strut?

I guess the brushed stainless dash is a matter of taste. Not terrible I guess, but a bit of a visual hotspot.

Just my .02, you results may vary.

Thanks for posting it though Jeff, I like the color with the tan interior, but I like different colors than the "holy trinity" of Porsche colors; black, silver, and gaurds red.
kenporacer
Visually I like the car. I wonder about under the front bonnet as well, what is being covered or is it a preferred look? Then I get to the engine bay. What's up with the yellow & blue. Would like to see it in person though.
Howard
nice looking car, but isn't that pretty close to rust IPB Image color?
Gustl
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 16 2005, 06:51 PM)
nice looking car, but isn't that pretty close to rust   IPB Image   color?

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.