Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper blades
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
I finally need to get a set of wiper blades for my car I've never had them on there since I bought the thing 20 something years ago. I want to O'Reilly's and bought some Bosch ones that was supposedly gonna fit, but the little adapter was too big and they didn't snap on. Is 13" the correct size?
TheCabinetmaker
13" is correct.
scott_in_nh
Get some Rain-X while you are there....
It really helps - especially with old and slow wiprer systems.
wndsnd
Got mine at Napa

John
ClayPerrine
O'reilly auto parts.
Krieger
Thanks guys. I will check Napa.
McMark
A lot of them are really tight to slip into place.
Larmo63
Auto Zone had them - Bosch brand.....
aharder
Rain X and no wipers biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
Just don't buy Rain-X brand wiper blades biggrin.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 22 2014, 09:14 AM) *

VERY hard to install. Slippery little suckers.
hblyle
Got mine at Auto ZoneClick to view attachment
Brian_Boss
The Bosch "Direct Connect" and "Micro Edge" fit properly on the stock SWF arms (if a little snug as Mark mentioned). Not sure about the funky all plastic ones.

If you have one of the two types I mentioned, you might double check the fit and also see if some PO "tweaked" the arms to fit a wrong blade.

BTW, wiper blades are one of those items where the typical retail store markup is like 400%. I try to remember to order them when I need something else (to get free shipping).

Bosch Micro Edge
GPR smile.gif $5.87
AZautohaus $5.66
Autozone in Dallas $10.19 Ouch
championgt1
QUOTE(hblyle @ May 22 2014, 08:25 AM) *

Got mine at Auto ZoneClick to view attachment

av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
"Paso Robles is for wine". "Napa is for parts". (A local bumper sticker). av-943.gif
maf914
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 22 2014, 06:14 AM) *

A little OT since this is actually for my daily drivers, but what is the problem with Rain-X brand wiper blades? I am currently using Bosch all-plastic type which have worked well. I have considered the Rain-X type.
rgalla9146
Actually..... I think the original blades ( SWF ) were 12"
Any current blade will reach over the windshield trim on the drivers side.
maf914
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 23 2014, 01:21 PM) *

Wow! Rain-X wipers don't seem to be too popular. laugh.gif Thanks for the link Scotty.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 22 2014, 11:52 AM) *

"Paso Robles is for wine". "Napa is for parts". (A local bumper sticker). av-943.gif

Ha ha, that's not what they say in Napa. And no, I don't want to repeat it, but from my Central Valley point of view that whole exchange is hilarious.

Krieger
Napa auto parts 13$ was the winner. And the saying has been for years: Napa is for auto parts Sonoma is for wine! You Hillbilly southerners are slow to the rivalry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.