Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guaging interest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I want to put a small 2" VDO fuel level guage in my center console in place of the stock oil temp guage.

What amps come from the stock fuel tank sender?

I've put the oil temp/pressure combo 911 guage in the dash.

I like that 904 guage I saw earlier.

KT
SpecialK
I always thought that the fuel sender was more of a rheostat type device creating a variable resistance to the 'load' being the fuel gauge itself. I can't imagine the amp draw from the gauge would be much at all.

That said, I could be waaay out in left field on this matter IPB Image
Mueller
KT,

do search...someone listed the ohm values from the fuel tank senders about 2 weeks ago....
J P Stein
Trekkor:
I have a fuel gauge (bout 2") that works with the 914 sending unit. Since I'm swaping out gas tanks, I no longer need it. ....but I'd need sumthin' to fill the hole in my dash.....or....you can get one from AA.

Eventually, I'll be ripping out the whole wurks.....but that's a future project. At that point, all I'll need is a oil pressure/temp gauge & a shift light IPB Image
Trekkor
JP, is that the VDO guage?
Which part # ?

Are you offering? IPB Image

KT
datapace
Hey Trekkor,

I just picked one up from Harmut at palo alto speed for $60 IRCC. VDO Fuel Gauge for 914 sender (VDO: 301-030-003) 60-90 to .5 Ohm

It's got a potentiometer so you can adjust the range. When I received it the gauge was pre-calibrated for the 914 sender.

-bryan
Trekkor
LIKE THIS
Trekkor
found this:

VDO guages

KT
J P Stein
IIRC, that's it. I can't see it as my pilot house is cocooned and will be for a while.

Console? Real AXers don't have consoles IPB Image
azbill
Just went through all this On my '73 sender the calibration range is 21/263 which means 64ohms at the researve level or empty, 33ohms at half and 1ohm at full. You want a gauge that is 0 to 90 ohms. VDO makes them available at Summit Racing for around $30.00

Azbill
brant
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 16 2005, 09:17 AM)
Trekkor:
I have a fuel gauge (bout 2") that works with the 914 sending unit. Since I'm swaping out gas tanks, I no longer need it. ....but I'd need sumthin' to fill the hole in my dash.....or....you can get one from AA.

Eventually, I'll be ripping out the whole wurks.....but that's a future project. At that point, all I'll need is a oil pressure/temp gauge & a shift light IPB Image

JP,

you may want to keep something to tell you when the fan belt throws... (ie:alt warning lamp)
Aaron Cox
hold tight.....

im currently making the 904 gauges...
fiid
Hey.

I'm looking at http://www.egauges.com/vdo_mult.asp?Type=F...s=Cockpit&Cart=

Do I want a 301-030 or a 301-035....????

Thanks,

Fiid.
lapuwali
QUOTE (fiid @ Oct 17 2005, 09:51 AM)
Hey.

I'm looking at http://www.egauges.com/vdo_mult.asp?Type=F...s=Cockpit&Cart=

Do I want a 301-030 or a 301-035....????

Thanks,

Fiid.

You want the one for the VW Sender. The adjustable 90-0 unit will also work, but as they say, it's discontinued and they may not have it anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.