Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking Independent 914 Mechanic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nigolusa
Hello 914World, we are looking for an independent 914 mechanic to put our car back on the road. Presently, it has electrical issues. The car is in great shape but needs the following:
1. Install starter
2. Fix injectors
3. Fix electrical issue
4. Needs cosmetic work, door panels, carpet, tires

We will offer cash up front if somebody reliable can help us. We cannot afford a shop, much too expensive for our budget. We will arrange shipping and pay for parts.

Please only honest reliable candidates. Thank you so much for all your help. Contact: nigolusa@icloud.com or (626) 979-4230.

Nick and Jessica

Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Looks like it's in pretty good shape. If it were in Florida, I'd definitely help you all out! Your signature says L.A. though - might consider trailering the car to McMark's shop (originalcustoms.com) in Sonoma. He'll get you sorted out and does fantastic work.

Good luck!
TheCabinetmaker
You live in the 914 capitol of the world. All of those things are a one on the one to ten hardness scale.You are capable of all of it.
76-914
If your not in a hurry ask Ethan ('73-914kid). He's a student so it would not be an 8-5 thing. Sharp kid and honest.
'73-914kid
Thanks for the kind words Kent.

If I didn't have a summer internship, I would be all over this.. I have three weeks left in the quarter, and the Monday after finals week, I start work. If you're not in a hurry, I could work on it every weekend and go from there over summer, starting June 14th.

If you don't mind it taking a month, I would have no problem working out a deal. I'm down in Vista. Shoot me a PM if you think this may be something that works for you.
colingreene
I can probably come help.
send me a PM if you are interested.
Dave_Darling
Sonoma is a serious haul up from LA. There are other resources closer by.

I personally suggest getting some meat to grill up and throwing a 914-fixing BBQ. That's a time-honored way to get help with your car.

--DD
r_towle
Ethan, do it for the guy.
Sure bet Ethan could use the extra cash, and his time frame may fit better into your budget.

rich
Rotary'14
where is the car? can you narrow it down to a zip code? some folks might be local to you and you can keep it where it is.

oh yeah,,,,, welcome.png welcome.png

-Rob
oldschool
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ May 22 2014, 08:26 PM) *

where is the car? can you narrow it down to a zip code? some folks might be local to you and you can keep it where it is.

oh yeah,,,,, welcome.png welcome.png

-Rob

He joined in nov...of 08 rolleyes.gif
914_teener
Yes....that car has been around for a while.

I would be in to come and help with some of the So Cal group if they are up.. for a day to get it running....it is L-jet though so that is not my strength. Getting it running seems to be your biggest problem if I read all the other post since 09.

Looks like you have some long time issues with electrical that would require trouble shooting.

Tires and what not are not mechanical issues so you could do that on your own.

nigolusa
QUOTE('73-914kid @ May 22 2014, 06:14 PM) *

Thanks for the kind words Kent.

If I didn't have a summer internship, I would be all over this.. I have three weeks left in the quarter, and the Monday after finals week, I start work. If you're not in a hurry, I could work on it every weekend and go from there over summer, starting June 14th.

If you don't mind it taking a month, I would have no problem working out a deal. I'm down in Vista. Shoot me a PM if you think this may be something that works for you.

Yes Ethan thank you so much for your help. Call me anytime and yes it's no rush. We can wait for you and are at your disposal. My number is (626) 979-4230 and my name is Nick. Thanks again.
7TPorsh
Look up Lemon....in tujunga
yeahmag
What is your budget?
thelogo
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 23 2014, 10:42 AM) *

Look up Lemon....in tujunga

Right ,met this guy at the car
Show in the movie theater parking lot and he's ready to do anything 914

Just ask

But I would seriously suggest spending the money to goto
A professional shop
( steves machine shop in azuza )
Go thru the entire car , sans the L- jet - unless you have a box of new 45 year old f.I parts,
And make sure its road worthy

Especially the fuel lines , trust me its worth the money

Or pack a fire extinguisher ?

All I know is if you find somebody who's gonna wrench on it for

You cheap , he better pull up in a nice aircooled car so you know he knows
His stuff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.