Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator wiring harness install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
I have a new Bowlsby alternator wiring harness I bought off of a member here. Can I install it without removing the alternator? At quick glance it doesn't appear possible, but figured it was worth asking before going forward.

Thanks!
Dave_Darling
I think you may be able to remove the rear cover of the alt without removing it from the car, but I'm pretty sure it will be a lot easier to deal with if you just get it out of there.

If you can remove the engine tin screws (always a big "if" for me!) the left-front piece of tin comes off separately just to allow for alternator removal from under the car without having to just from above to below and back a hundred times.

--DD
PanelBilly
The tin screws can be a challenge. I think you have to pull the alternator to get at the wires. There's cover on it that needs to be pulled off to access the wires. Hardest part is holding the alternator in place while you slide the main bolt back in
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.