Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R & R Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
Okay, I now have backfires at the heads since I re-torqued my heads and put on a stock muffler. (1973 1.7L) I want to take the HEs off to inspect and replace with another much better set that came with my car. I have PB Blasted all the nuts, but what are the chances of stud breakage, problems, nut-serts, etc...? Am I opening up a can of worms? Are the copper gaskets readily available at FLAPS?

Advice....?
Dave_Darling
The gaskets will not be available at most FLAPS. You might get lucky, though. Ask them about exhaust gaskets for a 73 VW Bus and just perhaps...

Your odds of breaking stuff are about the same as they are any time you touch the exhaust nuts. Not high, but it's a real PITA if you do break anything.

Go for it.

--DD
Larmo63
I'm ordering new intake gaskets, both sets of O-rings for the injectors, and the big mesh hose sections for the big intake tubes on the top of the motor. Mine feel crunchy. Is this a pretty straightforward install?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.