Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more photos of 914-8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tomrev
Click to view attachmentLooks like my files are too big, but I can send to emails, and answer questions, thanks. Tom
JRust
QUOTE(tomrev @ May 25 2014, 10:34 AM) *

Click to view attachmentLooks like my files are too big, but I can send to emails, and answer questions, thanks. Tom

You can also reply to your own add & add pictures. No need to do multiple posts. Can't wait to see the motor shots
tomrev
Click to view attachmentSorry I am having so much trouble with my old computer (which has the photos, and new Mac for all else). I will add photos as best I can. Car is very solid, still in a pertty stock form. Shocks are Koni on all corners, adj. in rear, along with 200 lb. rear springs. All calipers were new a few years ago, along with some hard bk. lines, and Mintex pads,rear venting distance set, and parking brake works well. No rust anywhere, side valances and front and rear lower val. are powder coated stock steel. Front air dam is P.C. aluminum. Front and rear bumpers are new glass, black jellcoat.Seats are very nice, carpet is new Perlon set, with new dash cap, and 3 extra gauges, (oil pre, coolant temp, and voltm.) in radio hole. All gauges working except tach, which needs the adapter for the LS ECU installed, (included with car) also wipers are not working, but complete wiper motor and linkage included. Engine has full Renegade adapter kit, new clutch, etc., along with their wiring harness, ECU has been reprogramed to omit the stuff no longer needed. Stock LS manifolds are Jet-Hot coated and flow into a pair of new Walker mufflers; quite at cruse, and nice when leaned on! Side shift transaxle was rebuilt by Renegade with their 4 speed conversion and long gearing. I sent it to Bluesky for a fresh look, and all wear items were replaced. Top gear has some whine at cruize despite checking out OK. Polished Fuch wheels, including a 5th for the spare, which is pretty rashed up, but funtional. Rad is complete Renegade set up with fans wired to run independant of ign. switch, and keep the car at 170, or below the whole time I have had her. Original milage is 107K. It was always a Ca. car till I shipped it here to N. Mi. for the conversion. Top will fit in the trunk without interferance with the manifold and air cleaner tubing, which returns into the engine bay. Tires are older Pirelli, but have almost full tread. Both windshield and rear window were pulled for the paintwork, and reinstalled by a pro. Also much new rubber seals from 914 Rubber, including targa top front, fnt. and rear trunk seqals and all door and window seals. She is a nice sleeper, starts instantly like all modern ECU controlled cars. Thanks, Tom 231-946-0724
tomrev
Click to view attachmentunder pan
tomrev
lower shot of engine.
tomrev
wheel well, brakes.
tomrev
Renegade rad / fan set up, along with Optima battery, and billit mount set for Optima.
tomrev
rear corner/ engine.
tomrev
Engine before finishing all wiring.
tomrev
front pan, suspension.
1stworks
QUOTE(tomrev @ May 26 2014, 02:17 PM) *

Engine before finishing all wiring.

Hopefully a mod can help your post out.
Beautiful car,and SICK engine!!!!!
Wow
bulitt
Nice Car!
tomrev
Drivetrain ready for install.
tomrev
Hell hole prior to engine install.
tomrev
Floor pan/seat area.
tomrev
Sealing door skin inner's, and later underside of car with Waxall.
tomrev
After paint shot, trying to show long's and jack point. Both sides has zero rust. Hellhole only a little where the usual battery acid had rusted where the tray was welded to the inner side skin. It was cleaned, cut to good metal, and patched with steel .062., sealed, and painted with body.
hot_shoe914
Price? confused24.gif
tomrev

$14,000. OBO I had info in my first post, but couldn't get more photos attached, so ended up with 3 different posts. Sorry for the confusion. Tom 231-946-0724

matthepcat
Wow. This is a nice conversion. Very tempting to go back to the dark side of water-cooled conversion again.

Do you have any heat coming in from the front trunk into the passenger compartment? My conversion would let some heat in.
tomrev
QUOTE(matthepcat @ May 30 2014, 09:02 AM) *

Wow. This is a nice conversion. Very tempting to go back to the dark side of water-cooled conversion again.

Do you have any heat coming in from the front trunk into the passenger compartment? My conversion would let some heat in.
At first I did, but realized it was coming in behind the dash, where I had left the defrost tube hole open. (I have the air box/cowl vent assembly in, but no fan motor, and had forgot to seal.) After making an aluminum cover, it was cured. I did size the inner fender cutouts larger than the rad area, in hopes of over-scavenging the rad/trunk. Yesterday, in traffic for 25 min., it finally got over 180, but once on the open road, was back to 170. I'm very pleased with the Renegade set-up. Your car looks nice as well!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.