Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Speaker Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kliney30
Hi,

I want to replace the speakers in my 914 but am not sure which ones will fit in the stock speaker ports. Can anyone please advise what my options are? Also, any recommendations on brands / watts?

Thanks!

Evan
Carlitos Way
The possibilities are endless. But first, look in the resources area for Morphenspectra's stuff. Buying his speaker pods to replace the stock ones will open up your options tremendously. After that, the only limit is your imagination... or your budget.
jim912928
Yes, get Morphenspectra's pods. I did and the fit is great, look is spectactular..and you can really put in a good set of speakers (I went Blaupunkts). His pods are what Porsche should have done in the first place!
seanery
yeah, they are cool and very reasonable price-wise.
dcicchetto914
Definity get the speaker pods from James(Morphensomthin). My dad and brother have the stock panels with very expensive 4 x 6 speakers in them and my 6.5 speakers in the pods I bought sound ten times better. Buy some from James that are pre-cut and bolt some generic speakers in them and you'll be set

Thanks,
Drue
mikey
What speaker recommendations are there for those of us who want the best sound possible but want to keep the car stock looking inside?
morph
we sell them with a blaupunkt speaker,they sound good,have reasonable cost,and are almost completly black.most other brands are just to "flashy"for my taste with flames and bright colors.if you dont want blaupunkts find a speaker with the most black on it and it will fit right in with youre interior,and look like its suppose to be there.
james
Root_Werks
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Jan 20 2005, 08:10 AM)
we sell them with a blaupunkt speaker,they sound good,have reasonable cost,and are almost completly black.most other brands are just to "flashy"for my taste with flames and bright colors.if you dont want blaupunkts find a speaker with the most black on it and it will fit right in with youre interior,and look like its suppose to be there.
james

IPB Image I bought a set for my last 914 and plan on getting another set for the one I have now. These rock and look stock, what the factory should have done all along. IPB Image
mikey
look like its suppose to be there

Can you post a picture for comparison? I'm definitely interested if they are stock looking.
McMark
There a quite a few pictures in the Parts & Resources area. I agree that they look like a factory option. I'm hoping James will hear my plea and make them enclosed. IPB Image Nag, nag, nag. IPB Image
Rockaria
Here is a third person, Non-Paid advertisement to the cool speaker boxes from morphenspectra.

Before:
IPB Image
IPB Image

After:
IPB Image
IPB Image
morph
mark we have been working on it.lol dont use the word nag it reminds me of my first wife to much. IPB Image
McMark
Well then the only alternative I can think of is bitch, bitch, bitch. But I'm guessing from your "tone" that that one wouldn't be much better. IPB Image

IPB Image

Anyway, glad to hear you're working on it. I'll be ready with $ when they are. You guys have some great projects in the works. You'd better take Feb. off like you were talking about. People get antsy when things take too long. (not me IPB Image )
dinomium
and they smell good too!

Yummmmmmm, freshfiberglass arhhhhhhhg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.