Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914/6 For Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
sithot
Early production 1970 914/6.

1970 914/6. Original color Ivory over black. Missing original engine which was replaced with a 2.4 911-T #6130202. Side shift transmission. Original transmission comes with the car. If you get lucky you might find the original engine as the previous owner sold it to install a hot rod motor.

Car was hit in the right rear at some point and that fender/bulkhead was replaced.

Correct 914/6 Fuchs 5.5 x 14. New PMB brake calipers all around. Carbs rebuilt. Runs well. Has one correct outer rocker and one replacement “glass” piece. Restoration Design making these again. Original glass including windshield. Door jamb decal still intact. Car was painted years ago but not “jammed”.
Original heat exchangers in good condition. According to seller he has “lots of spares” that may be negotiated into the purchase.

All in all pretty rust free save for any area under the hell hole. Inner rockers appear solid and areas around the gas tank are good as well. Front pan is clean as is the trunk.

I’ve driven the car and it’s a typical 914 with age which is to say it has creaks and rattles. (Top and back glass). The engine is spunky and with the additional torque is quite fun to drive.

IF I didn’t have a 356 in a million pieces I’d buy it and turn it into a GT faster than you can blink your eyes.

lindseych@msn.com
(804) 405-1727

Asking $28,500

(Additional photos are available)
Click to view attachment
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(sithot @ May 26 2014, 10:40 PM) *

Early production 1970 914/6.

1970 914/6. Original color Ivory over black. Missing original engine which was replaced with a 2.4 911-T #6130202. Side shift transmission. Original transmission comes with the car. If you get lucky you might find the original engine as the previous owner sold it to install a hot rod motor.

Car was hit in the right rear at some point and that fender/bulkhead was replaced.

Correct 914/6 Fuchs 5.5 x 14. New PMB brake calipers all around. Carbs rebuilt. Runs well. Has one correct outer rocker and one replacement “glass” piece. Restoration Design making these again. Original glass including windshield. Door jamb decal still intact. Car was painted years ago but not “jammed”.
Original heat exchangers in good condition. According to seller he has “lots of spares” that may be negotiated into the purchase.

All in all pretty rust free save for any area under the hell hole. Inner rockers appear solid and areas around the gas tank are good as well. Front pan is clean as is the trunk.

I’ve driven the car and it’s a typical 914 with age which is to say it has creaks and rattles. (Top and back glass). The engine is spunky and with the additional torque is quite fun to drive.

IF I didn’t have a 356 in a million pieces I’d buy it and turn it into a GT faster than you can blink your eyes.

lindseych@msn.com
(804) 405-1727

Asking $28,500

(Additional photos are available)
Click to view attachment

PM sent
pete000
Wow a steal of a price ! IMHO

If this takes more than 15 minutes to sell I will be surprised !
JmuRiz
Wow, I wish I had the money....if you want to talk 356s let me know. I have one too and ScottyB has lots of contacts too.
tomrev

This does look like a nice six for that price! Someone will be very happy to have her.
Bobby Smith
Post some more photos of that puppy and make me drive 100 miles to buy it. Looks nice in shot you posted.
sithot
Thanks for the comments gentleman but the car IS NOT MINE.

The post lists the actual owner's e-mail address and phone number.

If you're looking for information other than what I posted you'll have to contact him directly.

Happy hunting!
gereed75
I am in touch with the seller.

My first car in college was a new 74 914 2.0. I was hooked. I sold that for a '70 Light Ivory 914-6 which I owned for 6 years and reluctantly sold. It is the car I wish I had back.

I will be going to see this car on Friday with a check in hand. Wish me luck.
bcheney
QUOTE(gereed75 @ May 28 2014, 10:23 AM) *

I am in touch with the seller.

My first car in college was a new 74 914 2.0. I was hooked. I sold that for a '70 Light Ivory 914-6 which I owned for 6 years and reluctantly sold. It is the car I wish I had back.

I will be going to see this car on Friday with a check in hand. Wish me luck.

All the best... aktion035.gif
sithot
Car is now SOLD.
rickwenner@acninc.net
QUOTE(sithot @ May 30 2014, 02:12 PM) *

Car is now SOLD.

Nice, it looks like mine!
brp986s
In '89 a white 914-6 in the vicinity of Brentwood was "sold" to me. When I went to pick it up the next day it had already been re-resold. Yours? No problem if so. I bought #2455 the next week. Also originally light ivory, although currently adriatic blue.
scotty b
QUOTE(brp986s @ May 30 2014, 05:03 PM) *

In '89 a white 914-6 in the vicinity of Brentwood was "sold" to me. When I went to pick it up the next day it had already been re-resold. Yours? No problem if so. I bought #2455 the next week. Also originally light ivory, although currently adriatic blue.

This car has been in Va most, if not all, of it's life. I looked it over for the seller last year after he picked it up. It needs a bit of work to be top notch, but overall a very good price for a real 6
gereed75
Got The car !!! aktion035.gif

This an amazingly good car in many ways - no apparent structural rust, longs are great, nothing in the hell hole, floors are all sound. Mechanically great, drove it home 300+ miles no issues. driving.gif Brakes with full PMB treatment all around

Only very minor, easily reversed molestation - black painted trunks and engine compartment and a shabby light ivory exterior paint over the original light ivory. Light hit at some point in right rear, well fixed with a signal orange quarter. No other hits, not even minor ones.

Very original except the 2.4 T engine that runs great and side shift.

Made a list of everything it needs to be 100% complete and that list is very short. Has all the hard to find stuff - early rear bumper, good heater boxes and six heater valves. Plus an interesting variety of spare stuff.

The COA is coming and hope I can find the original engine.

Anyone know where I can get a clean Chalon kit?? ................... Just kidding.

I will get some pics and I guess I'll be a regular here now. piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif drooley.gif
pete000
Smokin Deal !!!!!
porbmw

Well done!

Enjoy beerchug.gif
sithot
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jun 2 2014, 09:22 PM) *

Got The car !!! aktion035.gif

This an amazingly good car in many ways - no apparent structural rust, longs are great, nothing in the hell hole, floors are all sound. Mechanically great, drove it home 300+ miles no issues. driving.gif Brakes with full PMB treatment all around

Only very minor, easily reversed molestation - black painted trunks and engine compartment and a shabby light ivory exterior paint over the original light ivory. Light hit at some point in right rear, well fixed with a signal orange quarter. No other hits, not even minor ones.

Very original except the 2.4 T engine that runs great and side shift.

Made a list of everything it needs to be 100% complete and that list is very short. Has all the hard to find stuff - early rear bumper, good heater boxes and six heater valves. Plus an interesting variety of spare stuff.

The COA is coming and hope I can find the original engine.

Anyone know where I can get a clean Chalon kit?? ................... Just kidding.

I will get some pics and I guess I'll be a regular here now. piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif drooley.gif

Would have liked to have met you. It is a great "palette" to start with and I agree with the other comments about the value. I saw the seller yesterday and he said everything went off without a tick. I especially like the fact you DROVE it home.
Good luck with it and keep everyone up to speed!
Cairo94507
piratenanner.gif Congratulations! It appears you got a smoking' deal on a terrific car. Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures. Light Ivory is a great color.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.