Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carb rainshields
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Triaddave
now that i made the two grill hood, the problem now is how to keep the carbs dry. the wife suggested mini meat loaf pans,but the corners will come in contact with the linkage. i can modify the pans (and have them powder coated) but what would be ideal is some kind of round cover like the 914/6. i thought about the tupper ware section, but...any other options out there?
Aaron Cox
i just put MORPHENSPECTRA's IDF rainshields on my car. kept the carbs dry during the super 15 day rain...

see the resources section of this site
Aaron Cox
Voila~
IPB Image

BUT- i had to lift my shields 3/4 (aluminum spacers and taller studs) inch up so they would clear the cb performance linkage....
machina
yup,

mine fit straight away...well crafted
Triaddave
perfect! i'll check it out. it beats the heck out of the tupperware idea too. what is the price tag?( haven't seen the link yet. and thanks for the quick response
Aaron Cox
40 bucks or so....

Dave- i have the exact same setup as you : CB linkage and tall manifolds.. my right sode onw interefered with the trunk torsion bars, and they both sat too low to clear the pivot post on the linkage IPB Image

what did you do differently?
Triaddave
i like the way dave's car is set up as well. in my case i'll be using the triad linkage and i think i will not have that issue. i have the tall manifolds as well.i do not have the air filters or the plates to mount the filter with yet. this should work out great for me. thanks to both of you.
Triaddave
i came up empty handed at the resource page but i'll try to find them on the internet. any other leads, like a site name?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Triaddave @ Jan 16 2005, 03:00 PM)
i came up empty handed at the resource page but i'll try to find them on the internet. any other leads, like a site name?

click on "914 forums" then go to "resources products..etc" and look for morphenspectra's posts on "914 appearance and performance"

ill get a link.... 914 Appearance and Performance - go to page 2/3
machina
we ain't got no stinkin torsion bars IPB Image

i cut most of that stuff away long ago...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Jan 16 2005, 03:32 PM)
we ain't got no stinkin torsion bars IPB Image

i cut most of that stuff away long ago...

thats what i figured....

but did you raise the hats at all to clear the upright "pillar" where the crossbar mounts?

also david, can you take a pic of where the aurora spark plug wires go into the tin/head? and a closer pic of the mallory and oil pressure sending unit please.

much appreciated...
Aaron
machina
more after dinner, on the grille now. IPB Image

didn't have to raise them, just fit ok. i did put them on top of the alu plates so maybe that's how i got the extra clearance.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Jan 16 2005, 03:39 PM)
more after dinner, on the grille now. IPB Image

didn't have to raise them, just fit ok. i did put them on top of the alu plates so maybe that's how i got the extra clearance.

i did put mine on top of them too.../ thats really wierd IPB Image
thanks for that pic IPB Image
machina
the rest...
Aaron Cox
david, thank you.... did you run the ceramic wire extenders or just the wires all the way to the plugs?
machina
wires to plugs
JoeSharp
Rain hats, I chose a less expensive and yet much more tastful route. IPB Image
Joe
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Jan 17 2005, 12:14 PM)
Rain hats, I chose a less expensive and yet much more tastful route. IPB Image
Joe

hahahahahha too funny. at least get the teflon coated bread tins at walmart! IPB Image
machina
mmmmmmmm, jiffy pop IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.