Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB - Valve cover gaskets High temp silicone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
As you may all know I do make the cork ones, but was approached about making these. Kind of nice to not have to throw them away every time. These are also 1/32" thicker than the OEM gaskets, and make a nice tight seal.

I'll be starting to ship this next Monday on these, and they can be combined on the website with other GB items.

Let me know if you want in.
porsche914gt
I'll have a pair. Thanks.
ThePaintedMan
FINALLY! I was wondering when someone would make them! I'm in for a set.

I still have a couple things that were on backorder the last time I ordered from you Mark and didn't ship at the time. I think it was a dash upholstery vinyl piece (with foam) and heater hoses. Are those in yet by any chance?
craig downs
I would love a set of those. smile.gif
McMark
Awesome! These should probably be glued to the valve cover. Silicone has a tendency to be extra slippery and may move out of place with crankcase vacuum.
BuddyV
QUOTE(McMark @ May 28 2014, 08:58 PM) *

Awesome! These should probably be glued to the valve cover. Silicone has a tendency to be extra slippery and may move out of place with crankcase vacuum.

.... what type of glue would be recommended? (wondering, wanting to learn something today...)
AE354803
QUOTE(BuddyV @ May 29 2014, 09:57 AM) *

.... what type of glue would be recommended? (wondering, wanting to learn something today...)

For a general RTV adhesive I've been really impressed with Momentive RTV159 or RTV103 formulations ( Momentive RTV159 on McMaster Momentive RTV103 on McMaster ). I've used it to adhere High temp silicone parts to 316 stainless steel at work for a few abusive conditions.

It held up to high/low temperatures as well as jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, salt spray, oil and the bond was still so strong that parts of the item that was glued down would rip off and stay stuck to the metal when we tried to pull it off.

For preparation we just scuffed the stainless and silicone with sandpaper and then cleaned with solvent and allowed to dry, applied a thin bead of RTV159 and lightly clamped for 24 hours. Wait total of 72 hours before install.

We had issues with McMaster not wanting to ship RTV159 to California so RTV103 is a suitable substitute, not as strong though.

That being said, I'd like 2 sets.
Mblizzard
I am in for two sets!
scott_in_nh
I'll take one set
Java2570
Put me down for a set.
JamesM
Yes, yes and yes. In for a few
warrenoliver
I'm in for a pair
Mikey914
My costs were more than anticipated on these. For those that have signed up to this point I will honor the $12 price, but I have to increase to $15 to cover costs.

So those of you that signed up rigth away SCORE! and thank for your support.
7TPorsh
Does $15 include shipping? Are they available now? thx
Mikey914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jun 3 2014, 03:33 PM) *

Does $15 include shipping? Are they available now? thx

No shipping is not included, but you can combine with other GB items. The material is not inexpensive.
-Mark
PS PMs going out tonight.
Niklas
4 set please
michael7810
1 set for me please. Thanks
bperry
1 set for me.
Mikey914
Up on the site good til the end of the week. Along with a few other GB items
Thanks All

http://shop.914rubber.com/914-High-Temp-Si...-2-914HTVC2.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.