Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB- Front trunk cable with plastic guide
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
This is for the front trunk cable along with the guide tube. I found that mine was cracked and didn't allow the cable to pull effectively, so here you go. These will be ready next week.
Once again, who needs em?

type.gif
andys
I'm in for a set.

Andys
chads74
I need a set
dlee6204
In!
walterolin
Yep, one set.
falcor75
Me!
914_teener
Me.

Mine is cracked as well......
Chris Pincetich
+1 beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
2 sets for me please.
scott_in_nh
+1
OU8AVW
One for me too!
Harpo
Me to

Thanks

David
restore2seater
Add me to the list.
mskala
pm sent
Garland
I'm in, for 1.

Thanks

jim_hoyland
That' same nice item smile.gif smile.gif what is the length of the wire ? Reason I ask is the last one I bought from XXXXX, it was an inch or so sort. I had to cut the inner corner to make it reach....looked bad
warrenoliver
Count me in for 1 piratenanner.gif
rudedude
i'll take two
malcolm2
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 29 2014, 08:24 PM) *

That' same nice item smile.gif smile.gif what is the length of the wire ? Reason I ask is the last one I bought from XXXXX, it was an inch or so sort. I had to cut the inner corner to make it reach....looked bad

914 rubber sent me one.... IIRC it was like 59".
MTSJR
I'd like two...
wes
I'd like one, you keep adding more great items as I need them!
bigkensteele
+1

Thanks again Mark for all you do to keep our cars rolling.
Mikey914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 29 2014, 06:24 PM) *

No fear Jim,
Mine will be longer than required, You will have to cut it, not your car. biggrin.gif
Seaside6
I would like one...
Dtjaden
+1
bulitt
I need one. Thanks!
rmdinmd
+1
9146BRUCE
I will take 1 please.
Thanks Bruce
pdlightning
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 29 2014, 10:32 AM) *

This is for the front trunk cable along with the guide tube. I found that mine was cracked and didn't allow the cable to pull effectively, so here you go. These will be ready next week.

type.gif

Greetings, I would like a set, thanks!
t collins
count me in for 1
Mikey914
Fitted mine this weekend.
Definately an order of operations you'll want to follow
1- remove the old wire.
Unscrew the end at the latch mechanism. Then inscrew the screw that secures the handle.
Mikey914
Pull the cable through and unscrew it from the handle.
Mikey914
Remove the old tube and thread the new one up from the bottom. That way it can go throught the hole under the bucket.

Thread the new wire in, and into the new guide tube, snug it onto the tube in the body. Screw in the handle and push in.

Then thread the wire through and tighten the screw at the mechanism, and screw the tube down.

DO make sure you have the tube running through the tabs and you are done. The action will be much tighter.

biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Old crappy tube
maf914
Mark, Please add me to your list for one set. Thanks as always.
1988Hawk

I'll take one!

Thanks,
Jim
Mikey914
Pms sent to all
Niklas
3 set please
CptTripps
Sold...
IanS
That's a good price I'll take one too!
Mikey914
Got this and the other GB items up on the site prices good til the end of the week.
-Mark

http://shop.914rubber.com/Front-trunk-guid...ble-914FTGP.htm
BritCarJim
when you said "through the end of the week" two weeks ago, i'm sure you meant until at least now. can i still get in? i'd need one. thanks either way,

jim
HalfMoon
I have a sb conversion with a figerglass lid. Had the stock latch mounted and hated it soooo much I finally eliminated the entire thing and pinned the lid, lol.
I wonder if other had huge problems making the latch work with a stock lid or was it just because I had a glass one? As an aside, the mechanism I had and all the hardware looked perfectly fine and I had spent waaaay to much time adjusting it over the time I still had it on the car.
Debug
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 29 2014, 09:32 AM) *

type.gif

Just what I'm looking for. I would like one please
KENNY
I will take one if the still at 22.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.