Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early front chrome bumper needed.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Downerman
This is for a renegade so I will be cutting an area in the front out. My current bumper I just took to the chrome guy and it's $400 just to get it looking decent and re-chromed. In California with cash. Needs to be straight and in decent shape in order for this to make sense.

Dave

(831) 674-1895
tweet
QUOTE(Downerman @ May 30 2014, 05:29 PM) *

This is for a renegade so I will be cutting an area in the front out. My current bumper I just took to the chrome guy and it's $400 just to get it looking decent and re-chromed. In California with cash. Needs to be straight and in decent shape in order for this to make sense.

Dave

(831) 674-1895

Hi,
I don't have one for sale, but I recently had a set of bumpers repaired and
re-chromed. If someone can actually take out all the dings. strip the piece, and do a double chrome plate for $400, that's a really good price. I would recommend you get a written job quote, before you have the work done and they have your parts. Four hundred sounds a little too good of a price to restore a chrome bumper properly. In my area prices start at about $600-$700 and go up from there per bumper; not including the core part itself.
Downerman
I have the quote. Drove 2 hours to Fresno this morning to drop it off. You have to remember, 75% of the front center is a hole basically with a grill that fits into it. Water cooled now. I would agree that it's decent but thought I would probe the 914 folks and see what's out there. You never know unless you ask.

Dave

QUOTE(tweet @ May 30 2014, 03:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Downerman @ May 30 2014, 05:29 PM) *

Dave

(831) 674-1895

Hi,
I don't have one for sale, but I recently had a set of bumpers repaired and
re-chromed. If someone can actually take out all the dings. strip the piece, and do a double chrome plate for $400, that's a really good price. I would recommend you get a written job quote, before you have the work done and they have your parts. Four hundred sounds a little too good of a price to restore a chrome bumper properly. In my area prices start at about $600-$700 and go up from there per bumper; not including the core part itself.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.