Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stripped the Freekin Oil Cooler Stud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I was putting the oil cooler studs back in all all is well until the last one. Going in nice and smooth. Bring out the wrench and half way in it binds. Okay, I'll back it out. No problem. Ha!! It don't come out. Takes a pair of vise-grips and a lever to get it out. Guess what? Mangled stud and case!!! IPB Image Got a WTB in the classifieds.
DNHunt
Can you do an threaded insert. I kinda like Time-certs.

Dave
Allan
I think I may be able to save the case. I was going to run a clean tap into it and see what I find. If it's shot, then an insert will be the option.
Allan
Just felt obligated to add a picture of my progress so far. IPB Image Here's where the coil cooler stud stripped.
Allan
One more.
Allan
Okay, I think I got it solved. Went down and bought a tap. Chased the threads, applied a liberal amount of loc-tite and it's in. Just hope it stays. IPB Image
SpecialK
Damn! I wish I could bring my engine in the house to work on! I got IPB Image the last time I got caught using the kitchen appliances for car related work. I need to be sneakier IPB Image
newdeal2
Nice dizzy, what did you do to it? New vac unit?
Jake Raby
You can also patch it up with a 1/4-20" standard stud or bolt..

It will screw right in since its slightly larger than a 6 mil metric unit:-0

Thats an old TIV trick..
Allan
QUOTE (newdeal2 @ Jan 18 2005, 09:09 PM)
Nice dizzy, what did you do to it? New vac unit?

Stock old dizzy. New vac unit and cleaned it up a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.