Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool Car Came in the Shop Today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
We have a cool Teener at the shop today.

Anyone care to take a guess??

Here's an even bigger clue!
Click to view attachment

Hand painted graphics...
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
Googled Hudson-Pugh......nada. Uncle.
bulitt
It's the Fabulous Hudson-Pugh Hornet. In to get the calipers painted gold.
carr914
confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
bob
project car from the VW-Porsche magazine...

-bobClick to view attachment
shoguneagle
NO!! I DO NOT CARE TO MAKE A GUESS!! Always wanted to say something like this to Eric. LOL

At least, I think it is funny!!

Steve
carr914
QUOTE(bob @ May 31 2014, 08:26 AM) *

1st time I have ever seen another set of those wheels!

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Bingo Bob.

Basically purchased back when and never driven. The owner recently passed and the new owner is a car guy that loves to autocross. We're installing de cambered ball joints up front and getting the ride height set.

The graphics are all hand painted. Pin stripes to side stripes.

The current owner still has the wheels but, upgraded to these seen here for his race rubber.

Click to view attachment

The seats are amazing!

Click to view attachment

She has a few scrapes and scuff from sitting in the previous owners garage but... All in all, still in amazing shape.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Chris H.
Dang I don't have that issue...what's the scoop on it aside from the obvious? Did they do suspension mods only in the magazine? What year is it? Love the stripes.
scotty b
Cool smile.gif I hope he leaves it as is first.gif
1stworks
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 31 2014, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(bob @ May 31 2014, 08:26 AM) *

1st time I have ever seen another set of those wheels!

Click to view attachment

Sick wheels and car
More pick please

IPB Image
HarveyH
This guy in in his alter ego:
mepstein
I remember reading that issue when it came out. Might still be in a stack of mags at my moms house. Cool car.
1970 Neun vierzehn
I'm sure someone has noted and recorded the VIN.

The magazine cover shows what appears to be an early rear bumper, but the interior has a late model backpad.

I recall that in the early half of the '80s, those "rainbow" stripes, as we referred to them back then, were very popular. That multicolor stripe element showed up on countless Hondas, VWs and even some privateer Porsche 935s, which might be where that concept was started. Now, of course, "rainbow" stripes have another connotation. aaron.gif unsure.gif

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn
some "rainbow" stripes......
Eric_Shea
Parting is such sadness. Yes, we want to keep her. Yes, she "oozes" with 80's cool. Ride height adjusted. Elephant Racing decambered ball joints got us -2 up front. Toe set for FTD and gummy shoes are picking up every stone in the parking lot.

IPB Image

IPB Image
worn
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 30 2014, 08:38 PM) *

It's nice Eric. But not knowing anything about it nor having access to the magazine what I see is a well preserved 914. Not that I don't want ter know yer see..its just that I doesn't.
carr914
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 4 2014, 04:26 PM) *

It's nice Eric. But not knowing anything about it nor having access to the magazine what I see is a well preserved 914. Not that I don't want ter know yer see..its just that I doesn't.

What?
bob
I think I still have the series of articles, I seem to recall it was built over several issues. (or even a full-years-worth).
my recollection was that the wheels were specially made for the 914 to get a 7" wheel under the stock fenders.

I'll see if I can dig up the magazines....

-bob
JamesM

Let me Guess, there for an alignment? Glad you took care of him!

Looks like he listened to me about the wheels as well!

Think I am shooting myself in the foot here. Hopefully you gave him the "special" setup, because I have a feeling I wont be keeping up with this one!

Really would like to see a 914 with ftod though and he is probably the guy to do it.

JamesM
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 31 2014, 06:38 AM) *

Dang I don't have that issue...what's the scoop on it aside from the obvious? Did they do suspension mods only in the magazine? What year is it? Love the stripes.

73 2.0 with dual webbers.
bcheney
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 5 2014, 03:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 31 2014, 06:38 AM) *

73 2.0 with dual webbers.

I know I have that magazine somewhere here at the house...very cool car thanks for the nostalgia and update Eric!
bcheney
I know I have that magazine somewhere here at the house...very cool car thanks for the nostalgia and update Eric! Here is the entire article.
bcheney
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 5 2014, 01:05 AM) *

Think I am shooting myself in the foot here. Hopefully you gave him the "special" setup, because I have a feeling I wont be keeping up with this one!

Really would like to see a 914 with ftod though and he is probably the guy to do it.

He said you were no threat... happy11.gif

I did tell him that you told me not to make it too good though! LOL

Steve Cleverly used to do it almost every time with his basically stock white 2.0 and track tires. It was the best thing on the planet. Steve shows up with two ties in the passengers seat and one in each trunk. Jacks up his car. Sticks the stickies on and beats everything there. Good drivers are fun to watch.

Brian, thanks for the article. Very cool stuff. smilie_pokal.gif
worn
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 4 2014, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Jun 4 2014, 04:26 PM) *

What?

I get it now - the pin striping. I thought initially there was much more back story. If so, I am curious. I like it, don't get me wrong.
Qarl
I remember those articles. I had that series.

If anyone has the VW-Porsche mages from that time period... I'm thinking 1985-1986, there was a flared silver-blue 914 car in there from a guy named "Joe" I think here in Florida. Post the article if you can find it!

I think he ran a shop here in town called Rennsport.

JamesM
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 5 2014, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 5 2014, 01:05 AM) *

He said you were no threat... happy11.gif

I did tell him that you told me not to make it too good though! LOL

Steve Cleverly used to do it almost every time with his basically stock white 2.0 and track tires. It was the best thing on the planet. Steve shows up with two ties in the passengers seat and one in each trunk. Jacks up his car. Sticks the stickies on and beats everything there. Good drivers are fun to watch.

Brian, thanks for the article. Very cool stuff. smilie_pokal.gif

Yeah, he will put me to shame for sure. I suspect he probably would have been beating me with the 195 street tires he had on there, unfortunately I missed that autocross due to the a-hats at the tire shop screwing my car. June 29th at the fairgrounds though, should be a lot of fun!!

Agree, the seats in that thing are awesome. Sat in them when teching his car and they quickly went on my short list of things I need to get for mine. Aside from ditching the carbs (only because I am an FI guy) that thing has pretty much everything you would want in a 4cyl 914, very solid car. Amazing car to have fall in your lap.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.