Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kudos to George at Pelican Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
Ordered a set of 21mm hollow front bars a last month and received them just in time for a weekend of canyon carving, DE and Autocross. Opened the box and test fit the adjuster on it. No go!

29 vs 30 = not pleased. I must have counted 20 times. Called Pelican and wasnt sure if the person I was talking to understood what I meant. Little bit of this type.gif and a couple of these call me.gif and George was on the case.

Sounds like he had to hunt a bit but he found a set of 29 spline 21mm hollow fronts for me and they are on their way.

Only problem is he didnt give me a chance to be a jerk on the phone. I was kinda looking forward to it. happy11.gif

He called and said he would make it right. Even called to keep me updated what was happening.

Thanks again George
This will ensure that you continue to have my business
infraredcalvin
Kudos for the positive reinforcement. All too much you hear about he deal going wrong. PP is definitely doing it right!
Rleog
Very encouraging to hear this.
beerchug.gif to George.
carr914
I always deal with Glenn Sager - he is a Member here! beerchug.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 31 2014, 07:44 AM) *

Glenn is top notch...he loves the hobby...and owns a 70's 911S, 911E and 914-6 conversion! You can rely on Pelican.
rmital
QUOTE(bcheney @ May 31 2014, 09:11 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ May 31 2014, 07:44 AM) *

Glenn is top notch...he loves the hobby...and owns a 70's 911S, 911E and 914-6 conversion! You can rely on Pelican.

Glenn "is" top notch....my excellent '73 2.0L used to be his flag.gif
his PP extension = 240
excellent customer service!
Mikey914
Very encouraging to see vendors step up and own thier mistake. We all make them, it's a matter of how you deal with them.

first.gif
a914luvr
thank you guys, I really appreciate it!

I'll pass along the kind words to George as well.
Larmo63
Since I bought my 914 in March, I have had very good transactions with Pelican Parts, They are local to me, so I like to will call. They are nice and they even offer you a water or soft drink while you wait. Top notch.
r_towle
piratenanner.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
walterolin
+1 on the comments about Pelican. And Mark has done a pretty good job, too.

Thanks
JRust
I have ordered from Pelican going on 15 years now. I always get the right stuff & they ship quick. Good people
Drums66
.... thumb3d.gif wine.gif
stugray
I ordered new rotors for the front of my 71 from PP.

They got here and I discovered that the PO had replaced my front susp. with a late model.

SO rotors did not fit. PP gave me an RMA number and agreed to refund my $$ even though it was my fault.

Thanks!
cwpeden
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 31 2014, 07:04 AM) *

Very encouraging to see vendors step up and own thier mistake. We all make them, it's a matter of how you deal with them.

first.gif

I dont think it was their mistake. The bars had the right part number according to the their supplier, just the wrong number of splines. I didnt think they should have to count the splines on a torsion bar from a 'reputable' supplier.
Downerman
Yes indeed..... Ordered some 914 window trim and some other stuff from Mark. Got it all but the trim. (It was in it's own box) Fed-X said they delivered but I never got it. Checked with the neighbors..... nada. Checked the property to see if the dog (aka the wolf) might have decided to drag it off. Nada. Called Mark and another one was on the way. It sucks because he's out the goods but the good was he was the true professional and the customer (me) was very happy. So to that point made earlier, you don't generally hear about the guys making it right. Kudos to those guys!!

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.