Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade in Monterey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
The annual Porsche Parade starts in two weeks, so perhaps we should see who's going! We're bringing our 914-6 and are entered in the Concours (car #274), and staying at the host hotel. Our last visit to Monterey was wonderful (for the Rennsport Reunion), so we're looking forward to another chance to enjoy the Monterey peninsula.

If someone isn't signed up, you can still come to view the concours on Monday, or just checking out the cars in the parking lot can be quite entertaining.

Hope to be able to put some faces to some of our members!
biosurfer1
I'll be there just a spectator. Probably Monday and Tuesday
Mike Bellis
I was going. Just canceled my hotel. I might show up for a day but I doubt it. I still need to chop and re-weld my 914.

Maybe next time. sad.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm driving up fom OC Friday and stopping in Cambria first, then continuing up Hwy 1 to Monterey in the am. Staying in Marina at M6. Thinking of bringing my bike . Will be there most of the week and working as a volunteer two days.
Dave_Darling
We'll be there. Participating in the autoX, and I in the tech quiz. And volunteering for a few things. We're staying a few minutes away from the host hotel. We stayed at that place once before and didn't care for it a lot.

--DD
JStroud
I'll probably go Monday maybe Tuesday, just as a spectator, I'll be driving the -6 conversion and staying in Capitola at my Dads place.
dgw
I'll be there, probably driving the 6 conversion, staying at the host hotel.
pt_700
might make it down on a weekend day. how ever will we recognize each other?

i'll try to be sure to have at least 1 914 themed t-shirt's not in the "dirty" pile...
GeorgeRud
If you're coming in for one day, I'd suggest either Sunday or Monday. On Sunday! folks are arriving and prepping for the concours, and Monday is well attended with the concours being help on the golf course. Later in the week, the cars will all be spread out on tours, rallies, auto x, etc.
biosurfer1
If you want to just spectate at the Concours event, are there tickets to buy or free? Also, the website doesn't say what time the Concours runs from...any idea?
Dave_Darling
Spectating is free. Parking will be a b*tch--they're already warning us about that. The concours starts pretty early in the AM. Judging starts at 9 AM and goes to noon, but cars will be setting up from at least 7 on.

--DD
GeorgeRud
If you're there, stop by and say 'Hi'. I'll be at the concours with my yellow 914-6, probably wearing a checkered scrub top! Just look for a very large (not so much tall) man.

Hope to meet some members there!
Eric_Shea
Leaving next Thursday or Friday...
914_3.0
I live right in the neighborhood. I'll be AXing Nina on Thursday in I03, with a fresh set of pads from Eric. Come on out to Marina! biggrin.gif

Todd Walsh
earossi
Newbie here. Been lurking on the Board for over a year and participating in some of the discussions. But, up till now we haven't had a 914 to talk about. That will change next week, when I pick up a GT conversion car being put together for us in Salt Lake City. We'll be easy to recognize at Parade in Monterey next week, since the car will not be wearing conventional 914 colors. She'll be sporting BMW Estoril Blue with a Coral Red interior. This scheme looks great on the BMW M3, so I thought we'd give it a go for the 914. My son plans on showing the car in the Concours, so stop by and introduce yourself. We have had a passion for Porsches that goes back over 40 years.

Neither my son nor I are new to Porsches having owned well over a dozen cars over the years; but, this is our first 914. And, if the car works well with the suspension upgrades we've added to the GT, we'll have fun auto crossing the new car.

When done with Parade, we'll be moving the car back to its new home in Chicago.
dlkawashima
Anyone know if there will be a corral for the guys who are not showing their cars?
GeorgeRud
If you're signed up for the Parade, there was an email that gave details of a gathering at another location, then a trip to a car corral, but I think even that had to be registered in advance.

The National office of PCA runs the Parades these days, and usually does a good job on organizing these events, but I think they realize that parking for the Concours will be extremely limited. Carpooling will be a great idea!
Eric_Shea
Need warm bodies for tour days. Free food (that oughta do it).

Inquire within my PM machine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.