Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 320i caliper upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
Was looking if someone could shoot me a price on machining a set of 320i calipers I have to install on a late year 914 was also looking for opinions on the safty aspect of taking a 1/8 of an inch off each of the mounting ears. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(shane @ May 31 2014, 06:50 PM) *

Was looking if someone could shoot me a price on machining a set of 320i calipers I have to install on a late year 914 was also looking for opinions on the safty aspect of taking a 1/8 of an inch off each of the mounting ears. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...9&hl=brakes

An excellent thread on brakes. Tell us a little about your car. If it is stock, a well cared for stock brake system can be more than enough.
ConeDodger
My thoughts? Well, for one, it's not an upgrade. Let's start there... sad.gif

Seen the machine work poorly done as well, like it was done with a grinder and not by a machine shop.

Why trust your life to something you have enough doubts about to ask these questions? confused24.gif
Andyrew
I've done it. The pads are a bit bigger. For machining go to a local machine shop. Should be about an hours rate. ($75-120) I had 2 sets done for an hours rate, but this was back in like 06...
Krieger
I did it about 14 years ago with a lot of hard miles. Safety is a non issue. Find a good shop. I cannot remember who did mine.
Elliot Cannon
I had 320i calipers on mine for 9 years. Done right they worked fine but for a stock car/engine probably more than you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.