Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EBrake Project Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
a914guy
I'm about half way into the project to add the 911 drum setup to the rear of Ole Yeller.

Click to view attachment

Axles are removed (need new CVs), TA's are off and modified for the 911 drum set and I've got the nifty cable/tube set from Tangerine (Chris Foley) to link it all up.

Click to view attachment

Axles are about an inch short and the bearing carrier is as well (for 7" Fuchs) so the setup will need to move inboard and maybe a little back to align properly.

Click to view attachment

I think I'm going to use the Type 1 CVs and mod them to take the 10mm pins, strip and powdercoat the axles. I'm 200K miles into the original set of CV (flipped once) so I think a new set of Lobros should last my lifetime.

My handbrake is original and in pretty good shape with the exception of the pressure rod.

Click to view attachment

I'm not sure this is repairable so I'm looking for a replacement or a "parts" handle from an early car.

Anybody out there that can help with a replacement pushrod?

Rich
214-796-2895
a914guy@aol.com
'71 914-6 3.0L Conversion
Click to view attachment
stugray
I have one that appears to have that part intact.
I can take it apart and get pics if you want.
GeorgeRud
Nice work!

I seem to remember that George Vellios had conversion pieces available back when to use the 911 rear brake setup on 914 trailing arms. Perhaps someone has one of his old catalogs they could scan. It may help to see how others had done this.

Good luck on your project!
ClayPerrine
Rich,
Give me a call, I can give you a hand with this. I already did it to my car. And I have something else to talk with you about.

ChrisFoley
I think I've rewelded that clip on the handbrake pushrod before.
A little tricky to hold in position but not that difficult overall.
stugray
The one I have is definitely intact.

I didnt even know those handles locked in the straight position like that.

I drove my first 914 for many years with "floppy stick" without knowing it was broken.

Lemme know if you want it. It has the short cable still attached.

IPB Image
CptTripps
My Tangerine kit ended up installing "fine" but the instructions seriously suck.

Have you welded the "tab" on yet? That took a lot of planning for me.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jun 2 2014, 09:15 AM) *

My Tangerine kit ended up installing "fine" but the instructions seriously suck.

Have you welded the "tab" on yet? That took a lot of planning for me.

laugh.gif
Did you bother to address your concerns with the mfr?
Did you ask them your questions during the installation?
Have you considered that the instructions may have been revised since your purchase?
The "instructions" don't address installing the 911 parts onto the trailing arms because those aren't part of the kit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.