Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help from someone in San Diego
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rockaria
Hello Everyone,

I have bought a 924s from someone in San Diego. The guy might be able to bring it to me in Las Cruces, But just in case I was wondering if someone in the area could pick it up for me and hold it a few days for a truck to come and get it.

The cars engine has broken valves and does not run, so you would need a trailer.

I would be glad to reimburse for all trouble and add some extra bucks. I would feel a lot better trusting someone from this list that we all know than someone I don't.

Once I get more information I will let you know. Basically I need someone at first to make sure the car and title actually exist. Once that is good I will pay the guy and the car should be ready to go.

Thanks in advance,
skline
Well, I would love to help, the only thing I can offer is my condolences. IPB Image
boxstr
Christopher, I know how you can double the value of your new car in san diego??Fill the gas tank. IPB Image IPB Image
CCLINLAUGHFACTORY
Rockaria
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 16 2005, 09:47 PM)
Christopher, I know how you can double the value of your new car in san diego??Fill the gas tank. IPB Image IPB Image
CCLINLAUGHFACTORY

Well your close. The final price was only $255.
seanery
at least it was a 924S. I like those.
Brando
Expect a large engine repair bill! Unless you're doing it yourself... then you can expect only a medium-large repair bill...

Best idea: Get on the Bird Board and look for those selling a 951 engine & trans, or get a 944 roller with a good engine IPB Image
eeyore
I'm in the SD area. I could do the legwork on title/car verification.

Not sure if its worth the trouble for a 924 though... IPB Image
skline
So what is the general consensus on the 924? I know the engine was an Audi and underpowered, like the 914. There is one for sale locally and I may go look at it. Needs a little body work and has been parked for about 6 or 8 months. What would say it would be worth? Really.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.