Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine motor mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rog914
Will the 911 engine sport motor mounts fit on a 74 2.0? I know they fit the 70-72 1.7 from what I've heard. Has anybody used them on a 73-76 engines? Are the stock engine mounts the only ones available or, is there a stronger one made?

Ralph
Aaron Cox
i have the weltmeister "solid" (delrin = semi solid) trans mounts. i like em.. got kinda louder but cleaned up shifting IPB Image
bondo
You can use the 911 mounts for the transmission mounts.. but not for the engine mounts. The early cars mounted the engine bar to the engine, and the 911 style mouts fit at the ends of the engine bar. On 73 and up the engine bar is rigidly mounted to the car, and the engine mounts go between the engine and it. (the later mounts look like a cylinder of rubber with a stud sticking out each end) There is probably a higher performance alternative, but I'm not sure.
machina
look up jwest in the resources section for forward motor mounts in nylon or aluminum.

the aluminum 911 mounts bolt right up to the tranny but you may have to elongate the small holes at the chassis points.

there is a better tranny mount now that is alumium and delrin, ask brad.
Joe Ricard
Little red neck engineering here. I replaced my engine mounts (late style) with plastic cutting board material. 3 layers cutout with a hole saw gorilla glued together. Yes the vibration is SIGNIFICANTLY more. With the monster trans mounts I made that motor don't move at all.
I do not recommend this for a regular street car. It will drive you nuts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.