Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrLeeS
Finally got around to doing the 5 lug conversion on the car. This is from the kit that PMB did a group buy on last year. Not a fun Job, getting those hubs and bearings out with the trailing arms on the car took around 2 hours per side. Great kit though, didn't need another thing outside of the kit.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Spoke
Looks good. driving.gif
BuddyV
Nice!

..... good choices. Now drive the heck out of it evilgrin.gif
MrLeeS
Thanks. It's been my daily for the last 4 years so I get to drive it every day. Just wish I had some A/C. Guess I'm getting old.
Alapone
looks great. are those 6x16 and 7x16?
green914
Looks good. agree.gif
MrLeeS
Yep those are 16 x 6 and 16 x 7 205 55 front and 225 50 rear, I had some rubbing issues out back on the pass side even though I test fit when i pushed the fenders. I had 1/8" on test fit, but after paint and install it had about 1/16" clearance, so it rubbed once the tires got warm. I'll find some narrower 225s than the BF Goodrich, but for now I put 205s in the rear after I took the pictures and drove it.
nsr-jamie
Looks nice, I did the same on the rear of my car too but with 914/6 disc rotors....your car says TURBO ???
MrLeeS
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jun 2 2014, 08:56 PM) *

Looks nice, I did the same on the rear of my car too but with 914/6 disc rotors....your car says TURBO ???

One of those rare factory turbos.....I built it 3 years ago 2366, t304 turbo. It's a fun ride. Dyno'd 285 wheel on 9 lbs boost. It's reliable too, I put 200 miles a week on it minimum, and the last build I went over 30k miles before the top end rebuild. This is a fresh build now with about 8k on it with some nice upgrades. Should last longer still.
pete000
first.gif
Nine_14
Looks great, black is one of the most beautiful colors.
With the 5 lug + Fuchs it is a real head turner biggrin.gif
MrLeeS
I really like te black, but the new mexico sun is making me begin to regret the colr choice. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.