Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CFR fuel line install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vw505
I'm getting ready to install my 9.5mm fuel line, anyone tips to aid in the installation?
vw505
To add, I have the shifter out and gas tank out. I have a new grommet for the rear of the car and i have not pulled the front grommet out yet. I was thinking of using some soapy water to help the removel of it.
chads74
I removed the front and rear grommet and it was pretty easy, and thats with the shifter still in. With the shifter out you will have easier acess if it feels like its catching on something.

An extra pair of hands wouldn't hurt either, I had my wife lend a hand for a few min.
stugray
I think I attached a wire to the old lines before pulling them out.
Then used that to pull the new line through to verify they followed the same path.
JawjaPorsche
This video helped me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxFRQTWLetw
vw505
That helped, going to do this tonight.
patssle
I did mine just a week ago (after buying it 3 years ago) - it was the easiest thing I ever did which was really surprising. Was expecting to be a PITA. Basically just pushed and it slide right through the tunnel. Took a couple tries to line it up with the grommet in the front but it made it in.
mepstein
QUOTE(patssle @ Jun 3 2014, 01:14 PM) *

I did mine just a week ago (after buying it 3 years ago) - it was the easiest thing I ever did which was really surprising. Was expecting to be a PITA. Basically just pushed and it slide right through the tunnel. Took a couple tries to line it up with the grommet in the front but it made it in.

agree.gif a second person with a penlight makes it a 5 minute install
JawjaPorsche
I also took off the right rear wheel which helped with fuel line angles while installing. The old lines are held by bent tabs. You will need to bend them out by the looking in the cover holes and using a screw driver.
vw505
I just replaced the brake line so every thing is oped up. I get off work in about an hour so I'm going to try and get it done as soon as i get home.

vw505
Yup, a little wiggle and jiggle and it's in.
vw505
My fuel tank has two lines coming out, one is smaller then the other. What is the supply line?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(vw505 @ Jun 9 2014, 02:17 PM) *

My fuel tank has two lines coming out, one is smaller then the other. What is the supply line?

The larger one is the supply.
Bob L.
QUOTE(vw505 @ Jun 9 2014, 02:17 PM) *

The larger one is supply to the engine (9mm), The smaller (8mm) is return. Some of the SS lines are all 9mm. you may have to use an adapter.
vw505
What is the best way to cap of the return? should I just clamp a piece of hose on it and plug it that way?
Bob L.
QUOTE(vw505 @ Jun 9 2014, 02:52 PM) *

What is the best way to cap of the return? should I just clamp a piece of hose on it and plug it that way?

Yep. Find a metal pin that fits snug and clamp it in the end of the hose. I assume you're running carb(s) setup, No return line.
vw505
Yup, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.