Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone know this one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theleschyouknow
gentlemen,
in the face of recent setbacks, I'm still on the hunt. there's a 74 for sale from island motor cars in Seatauket NY, listed on Hemmings among other places looks pretty clean but who knows... Seller sez it started life as a 1.8 and has been built to 2.0 I know in a general way what that means but what's that mean for this car/engine?
If anyone has checked this car out or is willing to, I would much appreciate more info & of course be willing to compensate for your time/trouble please let me know
TIA
cjl

why aren't there any cars in Texas?
SirAndy
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Jun 3 2014, 10:29 AM) *

Because they aren't big enough for most Texans ...
biggrin.gif
kshighlander
Are you looking to buy a car? If so I might have one for sale.
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(kshighlander @ Jun 3 2014, 01:45 PM) *

Are you looking to buy a car? If so I might have one for sale.

yep
let me know what you got PM, email or in this thread. I'm interested
thanks
cjl
SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 3 2014, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Jun 3 2014, 10:29 AM) *

Because they aren't big enough for most Texans ...
biggrin.gif

Ya'll know that if you give Tejas an enema, it will be the size of Rhode Island (goes for Tejans too!).
Big Len
Is the car From Island Motors silver?
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 3 2014, 03:50 PM) *

Is the car From Island Motors silver?

yep
Porschef
I live in East Setauket. I've never seen the car, but I'd be happy to have a look. Shoot me the link to the ad.

Joe
Big Len
Had a friend look at this a year ago. I can't remember all the details but the paint was originally red and had a half assed paint job with over spray all over the trim. The car wouldn't start and had to be push started. Interior pieces were hacked together. Hell hole in fair condition.

I'd pass for that kind of asking money.
Porschef
Hey Len and Lesch,

Yes I just found the link, while the pics look ok we all know that's where it ends..

Grelber
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Jun 3 2014, 12:29 PM) *

gentlemen,
in the face of recent setbacks, I'm still on the hunt. there's a 74 for sale from island motor cars in Seatauket NY, listed on Hemmings among other places looks pretty clean but who knows... Seller sez it started life as a 1.8 and has been built to 2.0 I know in a general way what that means but what's that mean for this car/engine?
If anyone has checked this car out or is willing to, I would much appreciate more info & of course be willing to compensate for your time/trouble please let me know
TIA
cjl

Where in Texas are you?
theleschyouknow
thanks for replies Len and porschef and all
I know it's been there awhile which says something in and of itself
mechanics and rust are my main concerns pretty can come later but for that kind of dough I'd definitely want A+ in both those categories.
porschef I know everybody has a busy life but if you ever would have some time for a ppi let me know owner said he was amenable to an inspection
thanks for the input fellas
cjl
Mathman
Sent you a PM
914Sixer
Have you been checking craigslist? At least 10-15 cars for sale all over the state.
Porschef
I'd be happy to help, just let me know via pm.

Just my take; I'd stay away from Northeast cars unless they are being sold by a reputable member, while I got lucky with my car (from a rust standpoint anyway) you are more likely to find a drier tub example closer to home. Be patient, the right one will show up.

So...for that money, I'd keep looking.
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 3 2014, 07:19 PM) *

Have you been checking craigslist? At least 10-15 cars for sale all over the state.

little bit, guess I need to go a little harder at CL I've got very little experience (virtually none) on CL.
thanks for the heads up
cjl
zambezi
if you want to search something specific on craigslist but not just your local area, I use this search engine.
http://www.searchtempest.com/
Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.