Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haltech Support...anyone here have "connections"??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
No responses at all from the few e-mails I've sent directly to them.

..their Tech forum is pretty weak as well, supposedly it's moderated by a few Haltech people, but questions go unanswered for days or they don't get answered at all.

I understand that I am asking for stuff (manual and software) from a product no longer on the market...5 years old I think, but they could at least respond with a "piss off" smile.gif

Luckily, I found their manual on-line for their latest ECU which is a more modern version of the unit I have. A few different versions of software are available as well from the same ECU family. I did get a response from someone on the 911 Rennlist site saying that he just started to try the different versions of software until one worked with the older ECU, so I guess that will be my next move.

My biggest challange is trying to find out what is different or lacking from the old E6 I have and the newest E6K box.

I guess I don't want to get too excited thinking the box I have can control certain functions or parameters when in fact it is too old to support those features...(I'm guessing my E6 will not support Motronic trigger wheels all that well due to high teeth count...the Ford trigger wheel might work since the resolution is half that of the Motronic)

Their manual is nice for the E6K, I read all 155 pages of it last night..(okay, I cheated and skimmed over the baro change maps since that is not a variable that I want to play with...they don't recommend it except for special cases)

The E6 controls fuel and ignition

If I read it right, the E6 will control fuel the following ways:
batch, multifire or sequential

and for for ignition,
it can control a locked down dizzy (some classes require that you keep a dizzy but can go all out otherwise for the fuel and ignition)
DIS or wasted spark,or COP which is coil on plug (which I am learning towards)

enough rambling...time to get some more reading done smile.gif

Jon Watts, if you read this, Haltech does support Subaru triggering which seems different than the rest (cam angle and cam speed)
Brad Roberts
Call me today.

I'll call Norwood and see what he has for this brain. I'm betting he has everything we need.

B
TimT
Sorry dude, I have the E6K, F9, and E or F4, manuals.

Do you need the software or manuals?

I agree Haltechs customer support sucks, especially since they closed the US branch ( those guys werer as useful as tits on a bull)
Mueller
Hey Tim,

I'm going to try the software that I downloaded off of thier site.
I was told to try the earliest version and keep testing them until a version works with my box.

The manual for the E6K will work, but since it's a more modern version, it has "extra" features that my box won't have.

Once I get one of the latest versions of software to work, then it's just a process of elimination to figure out what options I have to work with.

So far I have downloaded the following software versions and played with them offline (offline meaning not connected to my Haltech)

E6v58 (300kb)

E6A (448kb)

E6S (447kb)

E6GMv509 (402kb)

The first one is a very basic DOS program (mono-chromatic) and my options for ignition are basic as well

The others are much nicer and I hope my box is compatible with one of those since for ignition I would be able to run a trigger wheel for ignition
(similar to Electromotive or Motronic, etc....etc...)
Brad Roberts
I'll bring my laptop/my 110 converter/ and a 12 volt battery charger to the swap meet. We can F around with it while sitting on our asses.

B
jonwatts
BRAD! Save me some room in your swap space or get and extra big one. I'm bringing stuff and will split the cost with ya.

Yo Mikey. Not much help here except to say that the Autronic board seems to be more active than the Haltech one, so :finger2: Since those Aussie criminals are nuts for Subarus I'm not expecting too much trouble interfacing the sensors to the brain, I just haven't gotten to that point of the project yet. I haven't really done much to the car since it got caged. I'm draggin my ass (can we get a smiley for that?).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.