Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trunk repair panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drbill
I'm having the rear trunk floor replaced with the panel from RD. I went by the shop today and we were wondering about the reinforcement piece in the center of the trunk on the inside. The one removed has rust on the inside and it seems a good place for moisture to sit. How necessary is this piece? Is it just to add some stiffness to the trunk floor? I'll get one if it's needed or my guys at the shop can fabricate it.
Thanks!
Bill
SirAndy
QUOTE(drbill @ Jun 4 2014, 07:50 PM) *
I'm having the rear trunk floor replaced with the panel from RD. I went by the shop today and we were wondering about the reinforcement piece in the center of the trunk on the inside. The one removed has rust on the inside and it seems a good place for moisture to sit. How necessary is this piece? Is it just to add some stiffness to the trunk floor? I'll get one if it's needed or my guys at the shop can fabricate it.

It supports your transmission mounts. It's structurally important ...
smile.gif
drbill
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 4 2014, 06:53 PM) *

smile.gif

Ahh. Thanks!!! I'll make sure it's there.
What about the large round things with the raised "squares" in them?
SirAndy
QUOTE(drbill @ Jun 4 2014, 08:00 PM) *
What about the large round things with the raised "squares" in them?

Not needed anymore. They were used on the assembly line to hold the panels in place and give access to the welding robot arms ...
smile.gif
Luke M
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 4 2014, 07:53 PM) *

smile.gif

RD makes these too. It's cheap at $25.00 part # P335A .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.