Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Chicago wanna help out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theleschyouknow
Anybody in Chicago wanna check one out. An orange 74 went on Craigslist this morning -sorry I don't know how to post a direct link but its there at Chicago CL -orange car with orange tartan seats cushions but black vinyl seatbacks.
The car looks pretty clean but the ad says no out of state buyers?
Would any one local be able to check this car out? And contact the seller? I have not contacted the seller yet because of the odd? no outta state thing. So if anyone local is willing to contact and ppi, let me know. Also, in the longshot event IF it came down to a serious in state purchase any interest in being a buyers agent? Of course I would reimburse & pay for any time/trouble spent.
lots to ask, sorry
TIA
cjl
theleschyouknow
Ad actually lists it in Wheeler, I assume that's near Chicago
cheers
cjl
GeorgeRud
Wheeling is a northern suburb of Chicago! not too far away. Have you contacted the seller and gotten anymore particulars on the car? The photos he shows are pretty generic and don't show any engine shots or other interior shots. Obviously, rust is always a concern here in the Midwest.

PM me if desired, it's not too far from my home.
jmill
It's an hour South of me. I would never buy a 914 that spent it's life here. This is the heart of the salt belt. Cars rust up bad quickly. I imported mine from AZ. Check to see if Budman5201 (Chris) is still around. He used to trip over good 914's all the time down in AZ.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.