Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help a new PCA member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ipadstott
As the PCA rep for my province I get the occasional phone call from people looking for information. I just had a conversation with a new PCA member who has a 928 and is ready to start restoring it, mostly electrical issues so far, any and all advice appreciated.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
balljoint
I know a Porsche Master Mechanic who said he would say "no thank you" to a free 928.

sad.gif Put me off buying one.
krazykonrad
928 fuse panel
Click to view attachment
bandjoey
U might try Pelican Parts. They run a 928 owners thread welcome.png
bdstone914
928 international has this section of repair tips.

http://www.928intl.com/repair.htm

They told be they buy a parts cars for about $ 1000 almost every week.
scotty b
It's almost always electrical issues. To the point someone ( I don't recall who ) started making a new wiring harness for them that bypassed the alarm system ( damn near everything on car is tied into it ) and some of the fancy doo dad features. 928's can be had all day long around here for under 2000.00.

They're great for LS-1 conversions ph34r.gif
doug_b_928
The 928 subforum on Rennlist will provide all of the information/assistance anyone could hope for. A well cared-for 928 is a tremendous car. Unfortunately, they are so undervalued that many are purchased because of the buy-in price but not kept up because parts are expensive. The 78/79 are the best IMHO: purest shape (no spoilers, no rub strips), noninterference engine (so no worries about timing belt failure) and they still look and feel modern.
HalfMoon
I had one of those once. Need I say more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.